• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Athlons vs pentiums

Associate
Dace said:
The cores have essentially progressed since the first 939 CPU's were brought out as:

Newcastle
Winchester
Venice
San Diego

(I've got a nasty feeling I've missed one out).

My FX55 is clawhammer it was after winchester or newcastle i throught cause Vience * San Diego where the 90nm chips.

Associate
It is pretty good. My laptop has a 1.5 Pentium M and a Radeon Mobility 9700 which can run most games fairly well (then again I'm not an FPS fan, far prefer RTS). Mostly I think it's the massive L2 cache (2MB).

Associate
I presume it's due to the fact that the A64's architecture is far more efficient than it's Netburst based brothers.
Apparently Intel has got some special things lined up when it finally lays Netburst to rest & I believe that the Pentium M is pretty good at games.

Back
Top Bottom