• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ati 5970 help:)

Associate
OP
Yeah i must admit i have seen a lot of people using i7's with 6 gig of ddr3 so do you reakon i should wait till i get an i7 before i upgrade my ram then so i can get ddr3 ?

Associate
OP
Monkey king its achellly not too bad i cant speak for the I7 overclocked obviously id need water cooling but for what ive got now my temps are low cpu temps 25 at idle 40 under full load and my 5970 runs pretty cool luckily ive got a vent a fan right opposite its 2 vents on the front so that might count for something.

Associate
The Brand is Sapphire the Shamefully overclocked version and deep down Andi i know your right and at somepoint i will upgrade but i can run my collection of 50 games all at max settings without any slow down what so ever. my 3870x2 used to microstutter like hell and this beauty is smooth as hell 500 pound well spent tbh.

when i first installed the card my cpu was running at 2.4 because when i cleaned my computer and applied new thermal paste i accidently knocked off the pin mod tape.

so my card was stuttering like hell and i was getting really worried but after i realised and clocked it back up to 3ghz ... it ran like an absolute DREAM.

i'm at work at the moment so i cant do the test but il give them a go when im home.

Crysis, metro, just cause 2, battleforge, dirt 2 etc... all run fluid no hiccups at Max settings full aa :) :) :) :) :) :)

Have you got grand theft auto liberty city ?
Just wondering how it does on that game.

Associate
OP
does excellent mate absolutly tears it up my 3870x2 could run gta 4 fairly well but it sufferd from a lot of pop up but this card has more or less solved the problem.

Associate
does excellent mate absolutly tears it up my 3870x2 could run gta 4 fairly well but it sufferd from a lot of pop up but this card has more or less solved the problem.

So you got everything max and runs smooth ?

As my 5850 clocked don't run gta smooth :(
Pain really..
Sapphire 5970 down to £495.99 now :eek:
Tempting :D can the volts be put up on this card.
I guess it can be clocked easy to 5870 spec, as the 5970 has lower core and ram clocks.

Associate
OP
yeah ive heard that it can be overclocked really well its been given a lot of headroom i probly wont do that yet though and yeah all maxed runs really well but being GTA 4 it still is a really buggy game... they have just brought out a new patch though to fix all the shadows and stuff and tweaks from the expansions so it will be nice to see how that affects performance. havent had a chance to download it yet though.

Man of Honour
Yeah i know mate fitted it yesterday its more or less the same as my 3870x2 its unexpectably quiet under full load though it can get a little aggressive but thats to be expected

Well the cooler is rated for another 100W or so...so you can either have a really cool and quiet card, or overclock the hell out of it. Since it is more than enough for anything at the moment, I leave it at stock. Enjoy gaming like never before!!!

Associate
OP
Well the cooler is rated for another 100W or so...so you can either have a really cool and quiet card, or overclock the hell out of it. Since it is more than enough for anything at the moment, I leave it at stock. Enjoy gaming like never before!!!

Exactly the same as me i see no point overclocking it at the moment haha its a Brutal card and when one day it finally does meet its match il be able to get some more out of it :D

i mean my 3870x2 was still maxing most games today it had an awful micro stutter though like say playing just cause 2 really high fps but it would stutter everynow and then. that problems gone with this card.

Man of Honour
Exactly the same as me i see no point overclocking it at the moment haha its a Brutal card and when one day it finally does meet its match il be able to get some more out of it :D

i mean my 3870x2 was still maxing most games today it had an awful micro stutter though like say playing just cause 2 really high fps but it would stutter everynow and then. that problems gone with this card.

Yep, stutter is a thing of the past! What other games you playing on it?

Associate
OP
Yep, stutter is a thing of the past! What other games you playing on it?

thats the thing other then crysis gta 4 and Metro i have nothing i can think of too test its limits hahah but last night i was playing just cause 2 fully maxed out ummm also some dawn of war chaos rising, supreme commander 1 and im currently downloading Dirt 2 off steam too try that.

and you think for 500 pound they could have at least put Dirt 2 on a disc haha i mean a coupon for steam ? thats real cheap lol

Associate
i've had no problems really except in gta4 eyefinity as gta4 doesn't support multiple gpu's although it's still very playable at mid/high settings across 3 monitors

the only other thing that has really destroyed framerates is using iz3d (anaglyph free mode) in eyefinity but it still handles it in some games

otherwise i've generally seen 70-130fps in the average game

Associate
OP
i've had no problems really except in gta4 eyefinity as gta4 doesn't support multiple gpu's although it's still very playable at mid/high settings across 3 monitors

the only other thing that has really destroyed framerates is using iz3d (anaglyph free mode) in eyefinity but it still handles it in some games

otherwise i've generally seen 70-130fps in the average game

haha thats awsome as for multiple Screens i dont think my brain could handle that rofl and wasnt the sapphire 5970 suppose to come with both dirt 2 and battleforge? mine only came with dirt 2

Back
Top Bottom