• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ati 5970 help:)

Associate
My sapphire 5970 oc runs @ 1.15 volts for 900/1250, it will get to 990 core @ 1.3 vcore but is not entirely stable until I get it below 950 which it can do even with vcore down to @ 1.23v so something strange there - I have a corsair HX1000 psu so that should be OK but maybe it can't really push the amps needed through the 6pin + 8pin which makes it flakey at higher clocks/voltage???

Hey ninja.
What Fan speed you running at ? or are you set to auto with them clocks ?

Cheers mate.

Associate
Hey ninja.
What Fan speed you running at ? or are you set to auto with them clocks ?

Cheers mate.

On auto it always hits 95c cos that is what the bios allows it to get to before hitting the higher fan speeds :eek: Proably causing slightly earlier failure just out of warranty for the higher average temp :p

Using a custom profile manages this better ..

I use a fan profile with MSI afterburner ... and for comparison purposes I Just did a run with Unigine Heaven 2.0 where the ambient is 19c at the lower case fan intake area ... this is with a Vapor-X 5870 right next to it on a Gigabyte-X58-UD5 for tri-fire goodness :p GPU1 is the 5870. These are my everyday 24/7 settings and you can see the fan speed relative to temp ...

trifiresettingso.jpg

Associate
On auto it always hits 95c cos that is what the bios allows it to get to before hitting the higher fan speeds :eek: Proably causing slightly earlier failure just out of warranty for the higher average temp :p

Using a custom profile manages this better ..

I use a fan profile with MSI afterburner ... and for comparison purposes I Just did a run with Unigine Heaven 2.0 where the ambient is 19c at the lower case fan intake area ... this is with a Vapor-X 5870 right next to it on a Gigabyte-X58-UD5 for tri-fire goodness :p GPU1 is the 5870. These are my everyday 24/7 settings and you can see the fan speed relative to temp

Cool.
I tried my 5970 with a 5850 :D gives you some nice boost.
I couldn't get the fan to work on afterburner. so i could set it to what i like, so i clicked settings, then under master graphics processor selection, click GPU2. and that allowed me to set it to manual, if i liked.
95c :eek: wished mine would clock better. i go up 5 MHZ and she don't want to know.. :( hopefully my next one will be ok :)

Associate
Cool.
I tried my 5970 with a 5850 :D gives you some nice boost.
I couldn't get the fan to work on afterburner. so i could set it to what i like, so i clicked settings, then under master graphics processor selection, click GPU2. and that allowed me to set it to manual, if i liked.
95c :eek: wished mine would clock better. i go up 5 MHZ and she don't want to know.. :( hopefully my next one will be ok :)

what sort of fps boost do yiou get running a 5850/5870 next to the 5970?

Associate
OP
in regards to 5970 vs 480 i think it may be down to games are more optimised for nvidia . but crysis for me runs as smooth as it possibly can be no hiccups no framerate drops nothing at all even GTA runs absolutly flawless no stuttering GTA is a very ram intensive game due to its many many Memory Leaks. it could also be down to the fact perhaps when switching you havent proply cleaned the drivers off your system or even a defective card.

Back
Top Bottom