ATi 5xxx series

Associate
Just one or two questions regarding these, I think they're coming out on 22nd September. (Correct me if I'm wrong!). But can you guys tell me how the high end version will compare with the GTX 295, both in pricing and performance? Thanks for any answers :)

Permabanned
yeah no one knows, but the rumours doing the rounds are that theyll spank it, being considerably better and more competitively priced (as ATI always are), ive got my fingers crossed this is true and not just marketing hype, only time will tell

Soldato
I think if you start from the premise that card for card (not £ for £) the current ATI range is slower than the current NVidia range then if the new ATI cards didn't 'spank' the current NVidia range I'd be very surprised.

But we don't know. We don't the prices either, so it's a bit "If you don't NEED a card today, wait".

Associate
We know they are going to sell the X2 version at $599 although how that will convert to UK pricing is anyone's guess at the minute. Seems on supposed early leaks that the single 5870 will beat a 295 but right now everything has to be taken with a large pinch of salt till they are released and proper reviews and benchmarks can be done.

Back
Top Bottom