1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI CCC ??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Bri62, 5 Feb 2006.

1. Bri62

Hitman

After being an avid geforce user for years i have decided to go to the x1900xtx ....whereas with the geforce overclocking and settings i was used to them now i find myself a complete noob and not sure how to do either in the ccc,
    has anyone got a link which explains this in laymans terms ???
    Thanks

2. zytok

Wise Guy

if you have the full driver set including the CCC, you should have an option in the CCC to access the overclocking utility. You will need to ensure you are using advanced rather than basic settings. In there is a handy little utility that will auto-overclock your card to the maximum that the utility considers safe.

3. Bri62

Hitman

Thanks i found that ....it clocked my core to 665 and memory to 796 then i ran 3dmark05 and it gave me a score of 11896 now is this good/avarage??

4. zytok

Wise Guy

sounds pretty good but to be sure, you're better off checking the ORB against others with similar spec hardware.

5. Bri62

Hitman

for some reason the publish box is greyed out and unavailable!

6. lordedmond

Wise Guy

drivers are not approved by FM that why you cannot publish ( its to stop people cheating ) and to give a level playing field so to speak

7. King_Boru

Wise Guy

All I can see is the ATI Overdrive. No manual options for overclocking :confused:

8. Bri62

Hitman

Is there any other progs for overclocking this card?

9. Goksly

Capodecina

I think the latest version of ATI Tool will do (google) but the CCC / Overdrive should allow you to overclock your card, but not as high as other progs.

10. Bri62

Hitman

I am using cat 5.1 it came on the cd with the card :confused: surlely these are approved.....just ran it again and got 11981 but cant publish !!

11. Goksly

Capodecina

I take it you mean the 6.1s? :p
    The ones that come with the X1900XT are BETA drivers, as the 6.1s officially dont support the X1900XT -> the modified drivers have not been tested.