• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ati drivers without ccc?

Soldato
Was about to ask the same thing the other day, but a quick search of the forum and i found Radeon Omega Drivers don't have CCC. Using them now with no problems (same GFX)

Suspended
Yes the videocard works with the drivers only, however you don't have any options at all, such as video gamma/brightness etc. Display properties has no videocard specific tabs, so you'll need a external utility to change any options CCC allows.

I have 6.3 display drivers only, but went back to CCC (6.4) to get temp readings. It's not that bloaty.

Suspended
LoadsaMoney said:
If using the CCC, .NET etc... i suppose, but the drivers are only about 11.9mb, and ATi Tray Tools is only 1.8mb, its all you need. :)

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET- 37MB
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies - 66MB

ATI Tools does not fully work, and I don't think it has all the features of CCC (default brightness is too bright for example, colour tad bit high also, gamma is bit off) checked with Avia.

Not too bad, used XP Lite to trim away the fat in XP anywhoo and have plenty of space.

Caporegime
You can always use the old Control Panel set then, that brings it in at about 24mb. :)

Definately not bloatware, theres loads of ppl just using the drivers, and ATi Tray Tools fine, or the drivers with an old Control panel.

Then theres the fact that Nvidia users are going to have use the .NET soon also, both companies are going that way, just ATi started using it first, its just like SM3.0, Nvidia started putting that on their cards first, now ATi are, so if all those are complaining about bloatware, i take it they wont have graphics cards when Nvidia start the .NET then. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Then theres the fact that Nvidia users are going to have use the .NET soon also, both companies are going that way, just ATi started using it first, its just like SM3.0, Nvidia started putting that on their cards first, now ATi are, so if all those are complaining about bloatware, i take it they wont have graphics cards when Nvidia start the .NET then. :p
Actually, like with a lot of things, Matrox was the first to use .NET for their drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom