1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Ati drivers without ccc?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Energize, 13 Apr 2006.

1. Energize

Caporegime

Is it possible to get the drivers with just the control panel plugin and not the bloated ccc software?

2. hp7909

Soldato

Was about to ask the same thing the other day, but a quick search of the forum and i found Radeon Omega Drivers don't have CCC. Using them now with no problems (same GFX)

3. zytok

Wise Guy

also looking under the Fire MV section of the drivers on ATI's website, you can get the old control panel style drivers.

4. MrScott

Gangster

AFAIK if you download the 'display driver only' under the dial-up section on here it just has the normal control panel.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2006
  5. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

You can even just do as above, grab the drivers sperately from the dial up package, and use ATi Tray Tools. :)

6. squiffy

Banned

Yes the videocard works with the drivers only, however you don't have any options at all, such as video gamma/brightness etc. Display properties has no videocard specific tabs, so you'll need a external utility to change any options CCC allows.

I have 6.3 display drivers only, but went back to CCC (6.4) to get temp readings. It's not that bloaty.

7. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

What gets me is all those Nvidia ppl saying that that ATi Drivers are bloatware etc... yet theirs are bigger. :confused:

Nvidia drivers = 21mb

ATi drivers = about 13mb. :p

:D

8. squiffy

Banned

um actually 66MB (ATI directory)

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

If using the CCC, .NET etc... i suppose, but the drivers are only about 11.9mb, and ATi Tray Tools is only 1.8mb, its all you need. :)

10. squiffy

Banned

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET- 37MB
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies - 66MB

ATI Tools does not fully work, and I don't think it has all the features of CCC (default brightness is too bright for example, colour tad bit high also, gamma is bit off) checked with Avia.

Not too bad, used XP Lite to trim away the fat in XP anywhoo and have plenty of space.

11. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

You can always use the old Control Panel set then, that brings it in at about 24mb. :)

Definately not bloatware, theres loads of ppl just using the drivers, and ATi Tray Tools fine, or the drivers with an old Control panel.

Then theres the fact that Nvidia users are going to have use the .NET soon also, both companies are going that way, just ATi started using it first, its just like SM3.0, Nvidia started putting that on their cards first, now ATi are, so if all those are complaining about bloatware, i take it they wont have graphics cards when Nvidia start the .NET then. :p

12. roadie

Mobster

Actually, like with a lot of things, Matrox was the first to use .NET for their drivers.

13. Goksly

Capodecina

Whats been posted more: easyrider saying now much he loves his 7900, or this question about the ccc? ;p

14. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Thats a tough one, as both pop up each, and every day like a million times. :D