• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Mobility Radion 4250 display calibration

Associate
I've just about finished setting up my neighbour's new Acer 5551 with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Display adapter. But the image adjustments on the laptop seem very poor. No contrast, and only Windows 7 Control panel, Calibrate Color to fiddle with. As this relies on a Gamma corrector and the hardware brightness, with some on-screen RGB sliders all of which are done on a black background, judging the end result is difficult.
Can anyone suggest any better ways to calibrate the display? Would the AMD Catalyst Control Centre Version 2.0.0.0 help? It shows up in the Belarc Advisor s/w list but I haven't found out how to start it yet and I don't want to mess up the PC completely. I've never used it as I have Nvidia. I thought of Adobe Gamma, which I have on my own desktop, but I'd like to be able to vary the contrast.
It seems many lower end laptops only have limited adjustments now.

Many thanks for any help

Back
Top Bottom