• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon Guide and Catalyst Driver Updates

Soldato
8BaLL said:
I am a Counter Strike Source and BF2 Player and i have noticed that my player and gun models are way to dark i am pritty sure its to much shadows i am running a X800 GTO 128MB PCI-Express i think it may have something to do with the catalyst control centre anyone else have this prob and have you resolved it Thanx
I use the contrast at 200 in a profile, also adjust monitor if still too dark (not a problem on a TFT now I guess).

Soldato
OP
Hi,

I keep meaning to update this but with moving over to nvidia for the time being im not upto date with ATi side of things.

I will add bits as i can , but at the moment i just keep the driver links updated as best i can

:)

Associate
Hey all
When my lovely new 4870 arrives tomorrow morn which
driver software should I install?. The software on the included
cd or the hotfix thats available?. I have been looking on the
driver section of the ati/amd website and there doesn't seem
to be an option for 4000 series cards yet?.

Associate
So any new and improved drivers for the HIS AGP 3850 card, the drivers on the disc didn't work and I had to install the hotfix 8.5 drivers when I got my card.

And some recent update seems to be cuasing my ATI drivers to disapear

Associate
OK so does anyone have any idea what is going on with my drivers?

Almost every day I now have to do a system restore due to my ATI drives I think? As the computer boots up as if they are not installed and I get poor graphics every so often.

Message I get when I try to start ATI CCC to see what is happening.

Quote,
No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI graphics driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware.

The other note I get in the device manager is,

Quote,
Device Status. This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Now when I do a system restore back a few days to a week, it works fine again, all be it for a day or so.

So any ideas? Is this a driver issue?

The ATI drivers supplied with my HIS AGP 3850 card don't work with it, neither do ATI's official drivers it seems? I got my card working without fault for a good few months with the first available 8.5 hotfix drivers, then this started and I tried ATI's latest which did not work, then HIS 8.501 I think which worked for a day. Have not yet found 8.6 or 8.7 to try.

I'm at a loss here.

Associate
?

As in completely remove all ATI drivers and software? Or completely remove all Drivers and software including the chipset drivers which ATI does not recommend.

Then re-install the mobo drivers?

Then what about the ATI drivers?

Or do you mean get rid of the ATI drivers and card?

PS the drivers on the card are the ones that work, not the early hotfox ones, I must have got them mixed up.

Yesterday I removed all drivers apart from the mobo chipset ones, as ATI did not recommend doing so. And I re-installed the drivers supplied with the card. As ATI 8.7 did not find any appropriate software or hardware, and HIS's latest gave me a black screen.

Should I try intalling ATI 8.7 or HIS 8.501 on top of mine or see how long it takes before another restore is needed?

Soldato
Reinstall the mobo drivers over the top, IIRC this solves the problem of ati drivers being unable to be installed and it replaces the gart part of the driver. Reinstalling without removing the drivers cant hurt.

Back
Top Bottom