• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon Guide and Catalyst Driver Updates

Permabanned
Might be old news but some ppl might not of seen it.
There are new Beta drivers out to stop screen flicker with eyefinity.Dont want to link just incase it upsets anyone but just google 10.3Beta drivers its top or 2nd in the list.
O its for flicker when the card is OCd

SCRAP THIS !! Still flickers when the card is over clocked. Anyone have any more ideas ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have sorted mine.

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="40000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="60000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="87500" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="100000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="100000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="125000" />
</Feature>
All seems well been running a few days,get the odd flicker poss once a day.

Associate
I have sorted mine.

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="40000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="60000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="87500" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="100000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="100000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="125000" />
</Feature>
All seems well been running a few days,get the odd flicker poss once a day.

Ive had 2, 5850's one Sapphire which i messed up doing the bios flash. I now have an Asus, what do i need to do to stop the bloody flicker! Seems like you have solved it.
Jay

Associate
@Laney88
no 10.7 were no good for me, went back to 10.6. It caused problems with games like peggle which turns out to have been a common problem, my system slowed and became unstable too so will be waiting another update. Thx

Associate
I just installed the 10.9 Drivers for my 4870x2 it totally failed on the reboot i had to system restore but it was so badly dmged i had todo a full system restore.. getting fed up of ATI's poor driver support half tempted to get two 460GTXs now.

Associate
I have currently a 5850 using 10.10 and the previous 3 drivers have all caused Driver errors meaning shut downs or (with the prevous 2) my game to stop responding.

Is this a problem with their drivers?

I uninstall,safeboot,driver sweeper, reboot reinstall each time but it doesnt make a difference. It can work fine for a few days then just go.

I only play FFXIV currently. Anyone else having similar?

Associate
I just installed the 10.9 Drivers for my 4870x2 it totally failed on the reboot i had to system restore but it was so badly dmged i had todo a full system restore.. getting fed up of ATI's poor driver support half tempted to get two 460GTXs now.

I had a similar problem where I was unable to complete the installation of the 10.9 drivers. It just did not want to continue through to the actual installation phase.

However, I found a solution online, saying to install the graphics card driver via the Device Manager and this solved my problem! Now i'm running 10.9 on my computer!

Associate
I've been using the 10.11 drivers on my 5870 eyefinity card, not had any problems that I don't have on other driver versions...Well other than I did have some artifacts on my desktop a few weeks ago but I'm not sure what that was all about.

Permabanned
I am really annoyed that if I forget to disable CrossfireX *and* forget to uninstall previous driver first, sometimes updating to a new driver could cause bsod, for which I have found no remedy, not even with anything like driversweeper, unless I do a fresh re-installation of Windows. So as some caveat one should always be careful with ATI driver updates!

Associate
Finally managed to get Windows 7 SP1 installed after various strange error messages - turns out Driver Sweeper had removed some system files (ATI drivers) which made Windows think it was corrupted, so would not update (other updates were fine, but not SP1). Unfortunately, the error messages gave no clue as to the corrupted/missing files, so it took a fair bit of googling to find the cause.

If anyone else has the same problem, check the Driver Sweeper website - the removed files can be downloaded and reinstalled, then SP1 should install fine.

Soldato
10.4, 11.3 and 11.4 comparisons.

Ran on the following:

Phenom II X4 945 OC'd to 3.75Ghz (3.0Ghz stock)
XFX 5970 2GB Black Edition @ normal clocks
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) @ 8-8-8-24 2N

I only installed the ATi driver so no CCC.

Call Of Pripyat benchmark settings:

ce59cfde.png
1304a18a.png

ea505442.png

653f55df.png

8f315880.png

The maximum frame rates went up on the 11.4's but average and min FPS seem to be all over the place though it is only a couple of frames between them. Sticking to 11.4 though, can't be arsed to keep installing different drivers as they seem to take about 5 minutes or so to install!

Back
Top Bottom