• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon Guide and Catalyst Driver Updates

Soldato
DennisMenace said:
Finally managed to get Windows 7 SP1 installed after various strange error messages - turns out Driver Sweeper had removed some system files (ATI drivers) which made Windows think it was corrupted, so would not update (other updates were fine, but not SP1). Unfortunately, the error messages gave no clue as to the corrupted/missing files, so it took a fair bit of googling to find the cause.

If anyone else has the same problem, check the Driver Sweeper website - the removed files can be downloaded and reinstalled, then SP1 should install fine.
Problem solved with the last few updates to Driver Sweeper.

http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/Version-3-0-0/

The above works fine, the version on Guru3D website is the problem it links to download version 2.1.0 which dates back to 2009.

Associate
Still having multiple issues with the ATi drivers and my 6870, even after updating to the 11.4 release. GPU recovery seems to happen at random unless I disable the AMD External Event Utility service (iirc that's the name).

However, I'm beginning to think it's a combination of drivers and hardware, sometimes the GPU recovery kicks in multiple times on booting into W7 and eventually freezes, forcing a cold reboot to fix.

Add onto that the perpetual PowerDVD Aero issue which then causes a GPU recovery and then another crash....

Tempted to RMA the card but that'd leave me without a GPU for a while.

Soldato
A problem seems to exist with 11.5 that causes my Windows Media Center to show digital errors on HD channels while watching Live TV. I've a good signal but no amount of fiddling would improve it. Stepping back to 11.2 seems to have solved the problem.

11.5 was installed on top of 11.2, maybe that's the issue.

Soldato
gave up on trying to update my ati drivers quite some time back, anything after 10.10 causes my screen to go blank a few minutes after i reboot and always end up having to go into safe mode and do a system restore,

out of curiosity anyone on idea what this might be? gpu is a 5770 vapor-x, tho it'll be changing fairly soon

Soldato
Just a quick heads up to anyone who's like me and hates having a millinon drivers installed.

I've just put in my VTX 6870's in XFire with the bridge and installed the display driver only. XFire is working fine with both cards under load on WoW. Tried WaW, CoD4, CS:S, TF2 and BFBC2 and again, both cards working simultaneously.

Really happy with that as I hate having multiple programmes running in the background and was told that CCC needed to be installed for XFire to work.

Soldato
Is anyone else having trouble with BF BC2 with the latest drivers? My game seems to be freezing after about 20 minutes of play

Associate
I had to rollback from the AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview drivers, as it caused system lock-ups :/

I'm playing everything stable on the Catalyst 11.9 at the moment. That includes heavy overclocks applied to my flashed HD6950 (6970).

It's running at 950MHz core and 1400 Memory - Stable.

Back
Top Bottom