• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon Guide and Catalyst Driver Updates

Soldato
Hi, I have a Sapphire Technology ATI Radeon 6950, 11188-05-20G that i unlocked to 6970, I had windows 7 32bit, with latest ATI Catalyst 11.10 , i overclocked to 6970 clocks with Sapphire overclocking tool, TriXX,, was fine,

I decided to get another 4gb ram making it 8gb, so i installed windows 7 64bit, with latest ATI Catalyst 11.10. also Sapphire overclocking tool, TriXX, but now getting a lot of crashes blue screens , when i turn off TriXX, and reinstall ATI drivers, its fine again,

I aint tried using ATI Catalyst 11.9 with TriXX yet, Also TriXX is a 32bit application doesnt seem to be a 64bit version.

anyone help me out, I had TriXX running with latest ATI drivers fine on Windows 7 32bit

Last edited:
Associate
I had to rollback from the AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview drivers, as it caused system lock-ups :/

I'm playing everything stable on the Catalyst 11.9 at the moment. That includes heavy overclocks applied to my flashed HD6950 (6970).

It's running at 950MHz core and 1400 Memory - Stable.

i have tried to update my Catalyst from 11.8 to 11.9 but unable to do so even with the link above what can i do as when i clock my card to max it freezes the full pc? iv got the Sapphire Toxic Radeon HD 6950. any ideas plz?:confused::confused:

Associate
Is this sticky still valid? Just asking as my new machine arrives today, and will need to obviously get hold of the best drivers for the 7970

Soldato
12.1 out now official http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
Notes http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion121.aspx
(Not for 79** cards)

Improvements

Resolved Issues for the Windows® 7 Operating System

• This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.1 software suite for Windows® 7. These include:
  • The in-game mouse cursor no longer randomly disappears while playing Alien vs Predator.
  • Enemy Territory – Quake Ware will no longer experience intermittent crashes when in a 3 monitor Eyefinity™ configuration.
  • Water texture is now rendered correctly in Enemy Territory – Quake Wars
  • Dirt 2 does not exhibit stuttering when run in DirectX® 9 mode.
  • Playing Crysis 2 with in Crossfire mode no longer experiences random graphics corruption or game instability.
  • Random corruption and screen flicker is no longer observed while playing Dragon Age 2 with Tri-Crossfire enabled.
  • Lost Planet 2 no longer crashes after game launch when run in Crossfire mode.
  • Lost Planet 2 and Tom Clancy HAWX2 no longer experience random game hangs/black screens when run at high in game settings.
  • Water textures in World of Warcraft running in DirectX® 9 mode no longer appear corrupted.
  • The game “Rage” no longer experiences intermittent hangs when Crossfire is enabled.

Resolved Issues for the Windows® Vista Operating System

• This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.1 software suite for Windows® Vista. These include:
  • Ejecting the disc during Blu-Ray/DVD playback using WinDVD no longer causes the system to crash.
  • 3D content playback using PowerDVD now correctly used hardware acceleration.
  • Poor performance is no longer randomly experience when playing World of Warcraft, Metro 2033 and Starcraft II at high in-game settings.
  • Medal of Honor now correctly displays all in game settings.

Last edited:
Associate
What is the current best drivers to use with my 7970?

Have already used the overdrive to increase the speed to near the top, with no issues or errors found, so its a good start for me

Associate
When it comes to these card, is there any specific way to uninstall, then install the new drivers? Know there was a big issue when I had my Nvidia drivers, not sure about these ones. Just need to know so I know what to do for each new driver release

Soldato
When it comes to these card, is there any specific way to uninstall, then install the new drivers? Know there was a big issue when I had my Nvidia drivers, not sure about these ones. Just need to know so I know what to do for each new driver release

Go to add remove programs and click the AMD/ATI software, then click the change tab and select express uninstall all AMD software. Afterwards you could run CCleaner or similar to cleanse your registry etc. You could also remove the driver from device manager, then reboot and install new software.

Soldato
Go to add remove programs and click the AMD/ATI software, then click the change tab and select express uninstall all AMD software. Afterwards you could run CCleaner or similar to cleanse your registry etc. You could also remove the driver from device manager, then reboot and install new software.

Best not to uninstall the AMD USB filter driver if you are using certain AM3 chipsets, can cause all sorts of hilarity. Like your keyboard and mouse not working, even in safe mode! Only seen it once myself but it really had me, almost reached for the reinstall pendrive. PS/2 KB&M for the absolute win

Associate
These ATI drivers are starting to sound a lot easier to update than the Nvidia ones I did before on my other system, which can only be a good thing!

Associate
Looks like the 7900 drivers have been updated, but cannot see where, as the "last updated" states the 25/01/12 now, rather than 20/01/12 as it said before

Back
Top Bottom