• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon X1800 XT

Associate
I was looking to buy one of the new 7900 cards but came across this, which seems an amazing price for this kind of card.

I have a 19" widescreen lcd, which as a max res of 1440x900. Do you think this card will be ok and last at least till the dx10 cards are out? or do you think i would be better off paying the extra for a 1900xt or 7900gt or gtx?

I am upgrading from a gto2 btw

Last edited:
Associate
I did a similar upgrade, along the same principle. I also run at 1440x900 and was upgrading from an X800XL. I was looking at the options and considered forking out for a X1900XT, but considered this slightly overkill. I was then swaying towards a 7800GT or X1800XL when the 256MB X1800XT deal turned up. Considering it is only a little more than the XL I went for it and am more than happy with the results.

At 1440x900, the performance increase that a X1900XT is going to offer, is not in my opinion worth the extra outlay.
The X1800XT runs BF2, Quake4, HL2, Fear etc absolutely with ease at this resolution and should see you through to the point when DX10 cards are released.

Back
Top Bottom