1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Radeon X800 GTO unlock to X850

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by chemdog, 25 Jan 2006.

1. chemdog

Gangster

hello folks,

im sure i read on this forum - but cant find it - that I can unlock my Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) to a higher spec, i think it was the spec of the X850.

I also noticed the sticky thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17481933 which talks about "flashing" that card. is this exactly what i am looking for? if not is this unlock possible and where can i get more info, do i need to change the g/c cooling fan and is the upgrade noticeable or more hassle than worth from others experience?

thanks

iain

2. Vogon

Mobster

IIRC it was only the GTO2 that you could do, someone correct me if I am wrong though ;)

3. chemdog

Gangster

im gonna bump this just to get a second opinion, would be nice to make my card even faster if possible? anyone else wanna comment?

thanks

iain

4. sniperpenguin

Associate

I have done the mod that you mentioned (infact, I have the card in my machine at the moment!)

The mod can only be performed on SOME Connect3D X800 GTO's (not always successful) and ALL Sapphire X800 GTO2 (the "2" is very important here, and they actually used a different core for the GTO2).

As far as I have read around, the mod success rate for the sapphire card is 100%. You will definately get to an X850, and if you have decent memory on the card you can up the clock on the memory to an X850XT PE!

Is your card a GTO or a GTO2 ?

5. chemdog

Gangster

arggh, gto unfortunately. thanks for clearing that up though.

iain

6. sniperpenguin

Associate

no problem. :)

7. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

wonder if you can flash it to get shader model 3.0??? :p

8. TheMooN

Wise Guy

Arfffff , He doesn't need to bother to enjoy nicer 2D \ 3D IQ than your Nvidia card tho does he ;)

9. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

not many of us do, not even me i guess, ohhh where not worthy to be blessed with the models of shaders exceeding 2.0b :D :D :D