• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATi Tool doesn't like my card

Soldato
Hey all

A while back i tried using ATi Tool with my X800XT-PE. I set it to find the maximum core and it got to about 580 until artifacts appeared. I set it a bit slower and saved the setting.

After a reboot ati tool loaded up in the system tray and then my screen played up...

Picture

I stopped ATi tool from loading up at boot and the display was fine. This makes me think theres nothing wrong with the card if it displays fine without ATi tool? :confused:

Anywho... i uninstalled ATi Tool and re-installed the latest version. Started to overclock from stock again. It got to about 530 this time and got artifacts so i put it back to stock.

THEN i closed ATi Tool and opened it back up and it was fine.. but now whenever i open the 3D cube animation i get an error message and the screen goes very much like the picture above.

What's going on? [/RANT]

Cheers

Associate
Dunno whether this helps...I had quite a bit of trouble with an old version of AtiTool when I upgraded my gfx.

I kept removing the application and then loading the new one, but AtiTool was still stuffed (kept saying my core speed was 23 and memory was 1 - bit of a disappointment for a £200 card :eek: ). I sorted it out by removing the old version, rebooting and then loading the latest version

...just a thought

Soldato
You got the same as me dont yeh benjo?

ASUS X800XT PE AGP right?

Mine used to do that whenever i went over 570 on memory, since ive got a Zalman i can get to 580/580 from 520/560, i can probably go more but i dont wanna risk it.

Associate
more than likely pushing it too far. the card will be fine when ati tool isn't open as the speeds will be at stock but when you start it up it will load your faster speeds rusulting in an error. try lower clock speeds and see if that works.

Soldato
OP
5bjoshua said:
You got the same as me dont yeh benjo?

ASUS X800XT PE AGP right?

Yeh same card m8

dale1uk said:
more than likely pushing it too far. the card will be fine when ati tool isn't open as the speeds will be at stock but when you start it up it will load your faster speeds rusulting in an error. try lower clock speeds and see if that works.

Even when the card is set back to stock it still messes up on the ATi Tool spinning cube :confused:

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestion guys. Just downloaded it an ran it...

Seems my cards overclocking ability has crippled over the year... When i first got it i could hit 580 on the core easily... i can barely scrape 530 now :eek:

Back
Top Bottom