1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATi Tool doesn't like my card

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by benjo, 23 Jan 2006.

1. benjo

Capodecina

Hey all

A while back i tried using ATi Tool with my X800XT-PE. I set it to find the maximum core and it got to about 580 until artifacts appeared. I set it a bit slower and saved the setting.

After a reboot ati tool loaded up in the system tray and then my screen played up...

Picture

I stopped ATi tool from loading up at boot and the display was fine. This makes me think theres nothing wrong with the card if it displays fine without ATi tool? :confused:

Anywho... i uninstalled ATi Tool and re-installed the latest version. Started to overclock from stock again. It got to about 530 this time and got artifacts so i put it back to stock.

THEN i closed ATi Tool and opened it back up and it was fine.. but now whenever i open the 3D cube animation i get an error message and the screen goes very much like the picture above.

What's going on? [/RANT]

Cheers

2. Pipe & Slippers

Wise Guy

Dunno whether this helps...I had quite a bit of trouble with an old version of AtiTool when I upgraded my gfx.

I kept removing the application and then loading the new one, but AtiTool was still stuffed (kept saying my core speed was 23 and memory was 1 - bit of a disappointment for a £200 card :eek: ). I sorted it out by removing the old version, rebooting and then loading the latest version

...just a thought

3. Logsi

Capodecina

You got the same as me dont yeh benjo?

ASUS X800XT PE AGP right?

Mine used to do that whenever i went over 570 on memory, since ive got a Zalman i can get to 580/580 from 520/560, i can probably go more but i dont wanna risk it.

4. dale1uk

Wise Guy

more than likely pushing it too far. the card will be fine when ati tool isn't open as the speeds will be at stock but when you start it up it will load your faster speeds rusulting in an error. try lower clock speeds and see if that works.

5. benjo

Capodecina

Yeh same card m8

Even when the card is set back to stock it still messes up on the ATi Tool spinning cube :confused:

6. benjo

Capodecina

bump

So i guess my main question is whether there is any other programs that are just as good & safe as ATi tool?

Thanks

7. Going to Cali

Wise Guy

ati tray tools ***

8. Logsi

Capodecina

^ Seonded thats what i use now with Omega Drivers.

9. benjo

Capodecina

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Just downloaded it an ran it...

Seems my cards overclocking ability has crippled over the year... When i first got it i could hit 580 on the core easily... i can barely scrape 530 now :eek: