1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

ATI X1950XTX Final sample

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Killajaz, 1 Aug 2006.

1. Killajaz

Wise Guy

2. Bezinator

Gangster

More silent than?

Yea it does look sweet - dont want to know the price it will prob scare me :p

3. Graeme43

Gangster

X1900XTX coolers

4. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Yeah they are supposed to be quieter than the x1900's, as they look like those HIS coolers, and it has already been posted.

5. booyaka

Capodecina

nice looking cooler - will be interesting to see whether it looks good and performs good also!

6. lay-z-boy

Sgarrista

gotta be retarded to buy this with g80 and r600 so close.

7. Darkwave

Capodecina

Some would say the same about people buying X1900s, but it's their money and their choice really.

8. cavemanoc

Mobster

same old- same old - there's always another new tech 'just around the corner' and it never renders everything that's gone before obsolete no matter how hard the marketing guys try to convince up of this 'fact'. As always, get the best you can with the budget you have in the timeframe that works, otherwise you'll always be waiting for the 'next/greatest/uberkit' that'll be 'obsolete' in 3 months anyway ;)

(Have to say I think I'll be buying an x1900xt as the current prices are a steal an it'll keep me going for at least a year!)

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Don't see how, x1950 is gona run DX9 games maxed out fine just like the G80/R600, only advantage they have is the new DX9 games will have the odd DX10 feature bolted on, the x1950 will last well into next year, theres ppl out there who are not going to rush out and buy the first DX10 cards as they know that by the time DX10 is more used, and that its worth buying a DX10 card for, then the G80/R600 will be well old hat and a load of new DX10 cards would have been and gone as well, its also a good upgrade for those who have lower spec cards like the x8 series, or the 6 series. :)

Im not planning on getting the first lot of DX10 cards, not just for a couple of DX10 features bolted on, waste of money for me, ill just play them on my x1800 in DX9 until DX10 is being used more and worth buying a card for, DX10 games aint going to flood out as i said they'll only be DX9 with DX10 features bolted on, they may have a bit better water, or lighting and thats it, so why waste £350+ on that if the DX9 card you already have is cutting through the games, which the top end cards of today will be. :)

The G80/R600 is only going to benefit those who will still have lower spec cards by the time they come out.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2006
  10. Graeme43

Gangster

That is why I upgraded from my old X800 Pro to the bargain X1800XT :D That way I can get decent fps at 1920x1200 without spending too much and be ready for the decent generation of DX10 cards :)

I'm waiting until at least 2nd generation :) play it safe ;)

11. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Exactly, you can miss out the G80/R600 as your x1800 will still be cutting it, then you can get the new DX10 cards that will be out at the time DX10 cards are worth buying, and when that is G80/R600 will be a distant memory. :)

12. Darkwave

Capodecina

My plan exactly. ;)