• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATi's AVIVO Technology

Soldato
if its anythin liek normal VIVO technology then you just need the WDM drivers installed and some software that can dispaly video inputs. ATI has some software on their webby somewhere to do it i think, also you could use somethin like Dscaler where you can select what video input to use etc

Associate
Install the latest ATI drivers and it will setup VIVO for you.If you want to capture video say from the xbox 360,tv etc you can use windows movie maker or dscaler to do the job.

Soldato
OP
scoopex said:
Install the latest ATI drivers and it will setup VIVO for you.If you want to capture video say from the xbox 360,tv etc you can use windows movie maker or dscaler to do the job.
I've got Catalyst 6.6 with Control Centre and WDM driver installed.

I should probably specify that I am not after capturing video, I am after streaming it onto my 19" LCD if possible without connecting it directly to the Sky digibox or Xbox console.

TALON1973 said:
not that i've actually looked as ive got an x1800xt myself, but has the driver cd got any instructions on it ????
My disc just has drivers on. :(

Soldato
OP
cokecan72 said:
dscaler will do the job then. it just broadcasts whats commin in on the video inputs. it wont record if you dont set it to record
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Haha, you are my hero. DScaler works with composite in from my Xbox, just need to fix the settings so it doesn't look like carp. :) I will try the Sky in a moment.

Edit: Okay I've tried setting the signal from the Xbox to be 16:9 anamorphic but do you know how to force a 1440x900 res? It'll only give me 1024x768 and 1280x720 even close to mine but neither of those are big enough.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought avivo was all about converting video files a lot more effectively, was playing with it last night, and using AVIVO it would take only 15minutes to convert a 700mb AVI file to DVD format. Instead of the normal 2 hours when using Nero, or am i just going off topic and rambling down my own little path all by myself?

Soldato
OP
Foehammer2003 said:
I thought avivo was all about converting video files a lot more effectively, was playing with it last night, and using AVIVO it would take only 15minutes to convert a 700mb AVI file to DVD format. Instead of the normal 2 hours when using Nero, or am i just going off topic and rambling down my own little path all by myself?
It stands for Advanced Video-In Video-Out as far as I am aware, and can be used to display what is on your PC on other devices or vice-versa aside from encoding, decoding, recoding, and storing video. It also makes a difference in 2D photo/graphics editing as far as I have been told, but I don't notice the difference in Adobe Photoshop etc.

Soldato
Foehammer2003 said:

so how exactly did you set it up to convert the video files this would be really useful to me i have the x1900xt, never really bothered to try avivo :p

Soldato
OP
Just a quick update; I can play my Xbox on my 19" widescreen LCD now but it runs slow and looks like arse unless I play it in bog-standard Xbox resolution (with all the stretchy blurred-ness.) I don't think I'll bother, lol.

Soldato
tbh theres that many options and settings they just confuse the hell out of me lol. it does go jerky sometimes when you arnt using hte right settings

i know it wont look too great as standard etc but with the right settings it can look quite good but i wouldnt know where to start with it lol

Associate
With what, Dscaler?

I find the best settings for me are PAL-I video standard, 720x576 resolution, deinterlace BOB, judder eliminator on, noise reduction on.

Steer clear of the pulldown deinterlacing options if you don't like things juddery.

Hope it helps.

Soldato
OP
Thanks UglyFerret, I'll try it later. I think part of the problem with the image is that the monitor I am currently using is faulty as hell and is being RMAd today when my new one arrives in a few hours.

Soldato
OP
Combat squirrel said:
if ya just tryin play tv signal or xobx through pc, just plug it in via composite or whatever, fire up vid play program and select ati's input, job done, tis how I play stuff via pc
Yeah I connected the composite cable from my Xbox output to my X1800XT and got picture, but now I am trying to figure out how to get Sky (not freeview) on it without a TV tuner.

By "fire up vid" do you mean starting a program like Dscaler?

Anyone know how to connect an X1800XT and Sky digibox via composite, or am I going to need to get a TV-tuner that will accept signal from the box or directly from the satellite? I am getting no signal no matter what I try.

Last edited:
Associate
Tom|Nbk said:
so how exactly did you set it up to convert the video files this would be really useful to me i have the x1900xt, never really bothered to try avivo :p

Just open up CCC mate, select basic mode/view, choose avivo video convertor 'n' click go. Simple as that from then, just select your file to convert, and the output file type 'n' jobs a good 'un :)

I never bothered with anything to do with AVIVO before either, just happened to be scouring through the CCC help file and came across the description, gonna save me a lifetime in waiting for burns to complete

Last edited:
Soldato
Foehammer2003 said:
Just open up CCC mate, select basic mode/view, choose avivo video convertor 'n' click go. Simple as that from then, just select your file to convert, and the output file type 'n' jobs a good 'un :)

I never bothered with anything to do with AVIVO before either, just happened to be scouring through the CCC help file and came across the description, gonna save me a lifetime in waiting for burns to complete

cheers mate ill give it a whirl! :D

Soldato
Úlfhednar said:
Anyone know how to connect an X1800XT and Sky digibox via composite, or am I going to need to get a TV-tuner that will accept signal from the box or directly from the satellite? I am getting no signal no matter what I try.

same way ya did with ya xbox. on the back of my sky digital box (not plus) i have a composite out as well as scart etc. jsut connect this upto the video in on your graphics.

if oyu havnt got one you could probs use a scart to composite converter

Back
Top Bottom