ATX in Silverstone's ITX RVZ 03- ***full water and dual 240's ??

Soldato
OP
I'm playing catch up - but looking good, Orbi.

Is that the PSU's definite siting now? - Seems the best of both worlds and looks good in situ practicality wise (once covered).

Yeah - will need to extend the hex holes at the back or just hack off some more vent area for the PSU

Shame about the PCIe riser cable but it looks like it's taken its fair share of abuse this past week.

can see copper wires at 3 of the edges at both ends , just to much bending at 90 degrees and come out of casing/resin - though looks still attached

You are going to have to incorporate, permanently, a bit of Lego into this build - even if it's only pseudo propping up the GPU. As mentioned - i'm sure i've seen a build with a Lego Figure (Iron Man/Hulk would be cool for your kids) propping up back end of GPU.

haha - 92mm fans should hold it as well as recycle some supports within the GPU stock mounting system :)

Have you reached a decision re panel/plexi - and rad?

Also, what's the plan/news for the new front fascia?

Will cut one cut i think. may need Silverstone to send another case- maybe a broken one or parts - top fascia and side panel would be helpful . that was mount like Thumb-less Glass panels where they are glued onto a metal frame which bolts to the back of the case

*Did you remove backplate of GPU for more space - or do you think it's required?

will keep backplate as thats no issue and kids love RGB so will be able to see it via the back :)

i cant believe the ram is taller then the PSU mounted to the board. makes it 65mm high all in from case bottom ! need to drop a new set in but hard when the kit is 4000hz B-Die !

Soldato
haha - 92mm fans should hold it as well as recycle some supports within the GPU stock mounting system :)
Compromise - Lego Hulk - lying on his back, with bead of sweat rolling down his forehead, holding up GPU. Shouldn't interfere with airflow and will keep me kids happy.

may need Silverstone to send another case
You're secretly gluing two cases together to make one big one. This isn't a mod it's a master class for the long con :D

will keep backplate as thats no issue and kids love RGB so will be able to see it via the back :)
Although, you may irritate the Hulk, and apparently he's easily p8ssed off.

Soldato
OP
@Plec might have a mini mouse lego piece some where !

seems a care package from silverstone should be coming with airflow in mind, hoping to score with a spare top/bottom panel!

I'll try to attach front panel at lunch time along with top panel . wondering if i can hunt down Stock cooler and mounting brackets ...

Soldato
OP
@Plec @tamzzy @AVCaseMods

Panels are one! measurements taken ! actually doesn't look like it had to much growth !

But PLEASE SIVERSTONE! CUT DOWN THE CABLE LENGTHS! yes its cheap using one part fits all but its toooooo long for an ITX case (USB 3.0 )- can see even with ATX there's sooo much cable !!!
fM3nJRt.jpg

Top panel on
yzieLbW.jpg
oAzz1B5.jpg

Side panel
ARAcATe.jpg

Measurements !

388mm
aODfCXe.jpg

20mm gap to plug with mesh
cAuOeer.jpg

26mm top/bottom panel- Hopefully Silverstone able to source one panel so i can cut it down, plastic weld onto current to extent length
L3xs8LB.jpg

If i had the time and tools- i'd de-rivet the front of the chassis and extend it by 25mm then reattached the front metal panel for a cleaner finish, then a longer plexi panel would be used
ozJfTV5.jpg

Soldato
OP

sorry, meant the USB 3.0 cases for the case. The newer SX700-G and Plat Models actually have shorter cables . think the 24 Pin is 3000mm And then 400mm & 550mm for 6+2 , EPS is 400mm which is perfect for me .

though 350mm 6+2 pin would be handy ! and 350mm EPS could take away some slack

honest opinion , if RVZ03 was 25mm longer - would you still take it if it was only ITX regardless of taking matx/atx ?

Soldato
OP
no.
but i'd take it if it was 25mm taller...if only for better cable management, and for them to put the argb module in a better position

and yes i agree the usb3 cabling is a PITA

use an SFX psu :D Focus now have a SFX version :) BUT DAMN THE PRICE :(

Found cabling easy with this, but then again half the clutter is gone - Once I bolt down the board, will hide most of them underneath since X470 doesn't have full backplate

ah the RGB, when i was taking it apart I found the RGB Strip... I also have AORUS ARGB cable from Cablemod so will simple swap this out and plug directly into the board :D

Soldato
OP
back end shots

Hstk61J.jpg

ZpHenr1.jpg

so Grill has been ordered ! 92mm fans on the way ! 120mm ARGB slim fans on the way ! time to get this boat rocking !

unfortunately Silverstone's TD02 Slim CLC is out of stock - and im tight so will reuse the Slim Eisbaer/bequiet Pump/block with XSPC 240mm radiator

Soldato
OP
and so begins modifications to the fascia and panels to allow for airflow , filtration and radiator mounts .... BUT - I have the 240 XSPC TX 20mm/240 rad sent to a friends address, whom has moved from that address! nightmare!!

This is the mesh i'll be using at the top/bottom and side gaps on the case

https://www.inoxia.co.uk/products/mesh/sheets/30-mesh

30-mesh-spec.jpg

should allow for airflow and filtration but will need to spray paint black! I could have gone for weave used in Demciflex filters but then doesn't add much to fascia's structure

Parts cut out of the top- bottom is identical . Area's missed at the sides to sick the mesh down and the at the sides due to mounting points. Middle brace left in for some strength/rigidity but may removed

yg872nq.jpg

Compared to stock venting slits at the side. should have some good airflow via triple 92mm fans at the bottom and unobtrusive roof !
NY2gaLa.jpg
8akRzV1.jpg

close up
GCqlcpC.jpg

I may cut the arrow part at the front/front top& bottom to add mesh. Again for more airflow as well as keeping the theme/style of the case since they are meant to look like one piece
J0QUElY.jpg

Soldato
Liking the solution - simple, potentially effective and should look in keeping if you manage to blend the mesh design into the front of the case too - nice idea. How are you planning to merge the mesh into the case - i.e. attach to panel etc?

*That mesh from pics looks very fine - is there a danger that the paint will fill the holes?

Soldato
OP
Liking the solution - simple, potentially effective and should look in keeping if you manage to blend the mesh design into the front of the case too - nice idea. How are you planning to merge the mesh into the case - i.e. attach to panel etc?

*That mesh from pics looks very fine - is there a danger that the paint will fill the holes?

Top/bottom panel- glue . Since leaving a lip it'll hold enough . The side gaps will be roughly the same, but will have to press into shape so it appears flush looks at the sides.

Looking at the mesh now, paint should be okay, no base coat, straight on with black - light coat and enough wind here to dry and keep holes holey!

Think I've mailed it with sizing, via like of Phanteks and Coolermaster have mesh front panels for air & RGB , was going to go smaller but glad I didn't

Soldato
From the pics the mesh looks like it will pull the dismembered parts together - do you think it's possible to do the 'arrow part'? If you could it should tie in the rest of the mesh and make it more of design/aesthetic statement. If able to be done cleanly it would still be in keeping with the case's overall look.

Impressive so far, Orbi.

Soldato
OP
From the pics the mesh looks like it will pull the dismembered parts together - do you think it's possible to do the 'arrow part'? If you could it should tie in the rest of the mesh and make it more of design/aesthetic statement. If able to be done cleanly it would still be in keeping with the case's overall look.

Impressive so far, Orbi.

Should be able to do the arrow bits ! :) Seems no mounting around that point which is great !

On training in work, so lack of activity on here :( plant inspection course ... When I do CAD and Data Admin pmsl...

Also Silverstone sent me 92mm fans but may take some work and the too thick 25mm ARGB units instead of 14mm... Also had linked OCUK account to friends address so waiting for him to post up 240mm slim rad :/

Soldato
OP
Progress a bit slow- had 240 rad sent to friends address over 2 weeks ago and been a long wait for him to post it up :(

but @Plec @tamzzy - silverstone should have really made a full mesh version , metal or following the fabric trend

lzVopPx.jpg

9V4vPNc.jpg

Hc0rdRG.jpg

0eaoOPz.jpg

should make airflow difference night and day . tamzzy, would recommend drilling some large holes in the top and getting with mesh to slot over the top

Soldato
OP
Interim builds usually are. Personally I'd withhold judgement until it's finished.

what a mess

Lephuronn , I don't mind . Above prob *skipped* the all posts and missed the part even Silverstone knows this isn't going to be a polished mod - more a proof of concept and fun for a PC that isn't even going to be out in the open . @Plec - damn IKEA !!!!!

Or missed the posts about 3 kids :D

On to cutting out for 280 vent for GPU to breathe and hooking up the 240 rad . Maybe Master and 12 Core CPU ... Time will tell :D

Back
Top Bottom