Audi A3 1.8 T Sport

Associate
You what?

I could get my RS4 engine rebuilt with new cams and probably new turbos for that money!

They certainly got done over by Audi on that one!

They wouldn't tell me how much it cost for about a year, just that it was a lot. I only found out the full amount when checking through the invoices after it developed a slight oil leak only to find that even at that cost they’d reused some parts. I doubt they will ever buy an Audi again and it's gone nowhere near them since for servicing.

It stemmed from my mum hitting a small stone (4" long or so) in a pub car park which punctured the sump. Not noticing the lack of oil she set off and made it about 500 yards before it ground to a halt. It was made worse by the fact that the oil light had been coming on intermittently but had be diagnosed as a sensor fault (the part was on order) at Audi a few days earlier so she just ignored it when it came on.

It was recovered and repaired by her insurer but they just replaced the damaged sump and replaced the oil. I advised them to get rid asap due to the risk of further damage but they decided to keep it as it'd just had £1k spent on it a few days before for a service and suspension rebush (also at Audi) and they didn't want an unknown car with potentially more problems.

Back
Top Bottom