Audi or BMW?

Soldato
overall i would have an Audi over BMW but must have quattro, any car can go fast, but its how they handle in the wet is what concerns me. Audi S4 Quattro :cool:

if price is no option then, the M5 is the daddy.

Caporegime
olv said:
Both marques are dull enough for me not to consider either of them at this point.

They both just make cars.
How are they "dull". Neither of the below are dull, unless you are confused as to what "dull" means :confused:

RS4.jpg

CSL.jpg

Associate
for the high performance models Audi any time cause there AWD, very pointless to put so much power through two wheels, let the road be slighlty damp and then even the Volvo S60R will beat it simply because it has AWD

Associate
BMW always set the benchmark with M cars no matter what anyone things, the RS4 will get completely pwned by the New M3 as will the RS6 by the M5 , it always has and always will. end of.

Last edited:

olv

olv

Soldato
paradigm said:
How are they "dull". Neither of the below are dull, unless you are confused as to what "dull" means :confused:

Oh look , 1% of their product range! great examples. of course the rs4 and m3 arn't dull. but neither are they representative of the brands on a whole.

Boring car 'a'
3series_0009.jpg

Boring car 'b'
Audi%20A4.jpg

I'm positively exploding with excitement at the prospect at owning either of those joyous devices of automotive pleasure.

Caporegime
olv said:
Oh look , 1% of their product range! great examples. of course the rs4 and m3 arn't dull. but neither are they representative of the brands on a whole.

Boring car 'a'
BMW 318i

Boring car 'b'
1.6? A4

I'm positively exploding with excitement at the prospect at owning either of those joyous devices of automotive pleasure.

You didn't say that the majority of the cars from said manufacturers were dull. You said THE MARQUES were dull. I proved you wrong. You have proven nothing, bar that bottom of the range "prestige" cars suck.

Soldato
stig said:
the RS4 will get completely pwned by the New M3

I don't know as it will. Audi have really upped their game this time around, things are going to be a lot closer. If the M3 does pull ahead, it won't be by light years, as has previously been the case.

olv

olv

Soldato
It is MY OPINION that both marques are dull. Just because they both make an interesting car, does not mean that the brand as a whole is not boring.

Yes if I wanted some kinda of generic four wheeled, internal combustion engined transport to move me from point A to point B, I would inevitably buy a BMW or an Audi as, it is my opinion that they are the best of the bunch.

Caporegime
olv said:
Yes if I wanted some kinda of generic four wheeled, internal combustion engined transport to move me from point A to point B, I would inevitably buy a BMW or an Audi as, it is my opinion that they are the best of the bunch.

If you wanted something generic, bland and boring to drive, then surely you would buy a Kia or a Perodua or something cheap. People buy prestige brands either for the style or for the driving experience. Neither of which come from "dull" manufacturers, prestige or not.

You are entitled to your opinion, but its unfortunately misguided.

olv

olv

Soldato
Why would I want to subject myself to the hell that would be Kia ownership?

Just because I don't consider the majority of BMWs or Audis to be exciting, does not mean that I don't appreciate that they are the best at what they do and if I was in the market for what they offer then that's what I would get. I don't see why my thinking that they are boring is such a cause for debate :confused:

Caporegime
olv said:
I don't see why my thinking that they are boring is such a cause for debate :confused:
Because the question was "Audi or BMW?", not "give a reason you think german marques are bad?"

You could have just left the thread alone, but instead, you have sparked a debate with someone who likes both marques the thread is about. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
Well as I said on IRC the other day, they're working on a new 7-speed version of the DSG gearbox for their longitudinal engines (current DSG only works with transverse). If they could make one strong enough to cope with the RS4/RS6 that would make a truly awesome machine.

They have one dont they, isnt the one in the Veyron a DSG box ?? Obviously the one in the Veyron is over engineered for the Audis but the work has been put in and made to work all be it the Veyron is mid engined

olv

olv

Soldato
I think like many people, I really can't abide the image of BMW, certainly modern BMWs. The better driving dynamics of the majority of BMWs does appeal to me (especially in the case of the M3 CSL, I'm sure I'd have that over any other BMW or Audi) but the current perception of BMW and their drivers are a major turn off.

Man of Honour
olv said:
I think like many people, I really can't abide the image of BMW, certainly modern BMWs. The better driving dynamics of the majority of BMWs does appeal to me (especially in the case of the M3 CSL, I'm sure I'd have that over any other BMW or Audi) but the current perception of BMW and their drivers are a major turn off.

Do you buy cars for what others think of you, then?

Back
Top Bottom