Audi or BMW?

Man of Honour
Bennah said:
M3 over an RS6?

Wont have you been smoking?

A lot of people would make this choice despite the fact that the RS6 is technically the better car becuase the M3 is a more involving car to drive, and more fun. This is exactly what many road testers have said placing the old M3 above the new RS4 - there is no arguement that the new RS4 is a superior car but many would chose the M3 simply becuase it was more enjoyable to drive.

Personally, I'd have the RS4.

olv

olv

Soldato
Image is certainly factor when buying anything. Not that i'm worried about other people's opinion of me, but a product is certainly more attractive if it has a general positivety about it, which on a whole BMW don't.

Man of Honour
olv said:
I'm positively exploding with excitement at the prospect at owning either of those joyous devices of automotive pleasure.

So am I, becuase you've just posted two bottom of the range entry level poverty spec saloons. Gee, how exciting.

Which marque do you prefer, becuase I'm sure I can find just as biased a reason to say they are dull, as well.

olv

olv

Soldato
Entry level or mid-range doesn't matter, I still don't consider them exciting.
Marques that do excite me include;

Lotus, Caterham, Noble, Radical, Porsche, and practically every Itialian supercar manufacturer.

Man of Honour
Right, so your entire arguement in a thread entitled AUDI OR BMW Is that they are dull becuase they are not Caterhams?

Seriously, do you have any idea how irrelevant your point is? You'll find the back button in the top left hand side of your browser window. Thanks.

Man of Honour
Problem with saying which you'd have is that you can only base your decision on what looks nicest, what has the nicest interior, what has the better image and none of this is what those cars are about.

You have to drive both, then you can make a proper decision about which is right for you

Man of Honour
eXSBass said:
Audi is the ultimate driving machine.

No, thats BMW. A selection of FWD cars and FWD-designs with 4WD that sometimes kicks in and some AWD does not make 'Ultimate Driving Machine'

Most do look nicer than BMW's these days, though.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
No, thats BMW. A selection of FWD cars and FWD-designs with 4WD that sometimes kicks in and some AWD does not make 'Ultimate Driving Machine'

Most do look nicer than BMW's these days, though.

audi < BMW

as i said earlier audi are just jumped up VW's and god knows what the S cars are :confused: and the S4 is no competitor to the M3 Topgear should be taken with a very small pinch of salt.

Associate
at the end of the day its which car is gonna be the most conforable and nice looking both the audi and BMW are fast enough lets face you can only go so fast in a traffic jam on the M25 and when you have the chance to accelerate both cars will out do almost anything you will come across

Suspended
OP
Oh, and as cars, even the fast versions of both marques are not exciting. Reasonably fun, if you have your right foot flat on the floor (keeping up with a 430 in what amounts to a family lugging machine will never get old) but you'd have to be extremely perverse to find it as exciting as a Caterham.

Soldato
stig said:
even going through the topgear laptimes , there isnt a single audi at the top , the fastest BMW is the Z4M and there arnt any audis above that!

performance wise BMW pwn all the german manufacturers except maybe porsche http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps.shtml
How convenient that the RS4 is missing from the list :rolleyes:

If you want to talk track times, let's take the ultimate track shall we:

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

RS4 above both the M6 and M5, let alone the M3, and no the X5 Le Mans doesn't count :p

Generally speaking I'd agree that BMWs are better dynamically than Audis, I'm only mentioning the above in light of your blinkered "BMWs pwn everything" attitude. The point I've already made in this thread is that, even with cars geared towards performance, such as the M3/M5/M6/RS4/RS6 etc, it's never all about performance and, IMHO, BMWs fall far short of Audis in other areas

Associate
Vertigo1 said:
How convenient that the RS4 is missing from the list :rolleyes:

If you want to talk track times, let's take the ultimate track shall we:

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

RS4 above both the M6 and M5, let alone the M3, and no the X5 Le Mans doesn't count :p

Generally speaking I'd agree that BMWs are better dynamically than Audis, I'm only mentioning the above in light of your blinkered "BMWs pwn everything" attitude. The point I've already made in this thread is that, even with cars geared towards performance, such as the M3/M5/M6/RS4/RS6 etc, it's never all about performance and, IMHO, BMWs fall far short of Audis in other areas

i dont care BMW rock audi suck

Man of Honour
Also I think it was TG702 it was mentioned the RS4's lap time was 1:25.7

Dunno why its not on the leaderboard :confused: but that puts it between the Gallardo and the Exige S

Back
Top Bottom