Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Autoglym Super Resin Polish is great. Don't use their applicator pads though. Meguiar's ones are much easier to use.

May also still be 3 for 2 in Halfords too.

If the paint has been badly 'etched' then I don't see what SRP would do?

It contains fillers and as far as I know is not abrasive.

Worth a try I guess...first thing though would be to clay the affected area.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Is MMI 3g really that much better than 2g?
Is it like BMW's CCC v CIC?

Only the very last C6 A6s had MMI 3G and they're rather expensive...

So much so that you'd be crazy not to get a C7. But then you'd just get an F10 instead :p

Caporegime
The biggest difference is that you get the HDD jukebox function, and the joystick for precise navigation control. At least MMI 2G (high) in the A6 had a 3D view.

I've had both 2G high and 3G+ and 2G with an iPod is almost as functional.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Is there such a thing as 2g 'low' in the A6?

Also, I don't find 3D view all that great. Give me a north facing 2D map and I'm fine, although maybe it's because I've never tried it for any great amount of time.

Caporegime
There is indeed a "low" in the C6/4F (I believe it's actually called basic). They are pretty obvious though, given their monochrome red on black display.

I couldn't deal with not having the "birds eye" view. And statically facing north mapping is foul :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Maybe I'm just old-fashioned :p

Off to look at a 2.0 TDI today, but I suspect the version of MMI is the last thing I should be looking at.. It is the proper one though.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone experienced the corrosion warranty with Audi before? How do I potentially go about with a claim?

Car in question is the one in OP, 56 plate. Assume Audi have a 10 year warranty?

The front arch is bubbling, pictures below:

Excuse the spare, alloy currently away being refurbished.

Associate
Has anyone experienced the corrosion warranty with Audi before? How do I potentially go about with a claim?

Car in question is the one in OP, 56 plate. Assume Audi have a 10 year warranty?

The front arch is bubbling

I've noticed exactly the same thing is happening on my '06 A4 too, so will be watching this with interest!

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Am I right in thinking that if there's a DVD and CD changer in the glovebox, then the MMI unit is no longer in the boot?

But I thought all MMI 2g were DVD-based and had the unit in the boot, where it got wet when the rear wash-wipe pipe leaked.

Unless there was a change-over period where the car came with MMI 2g, but the dvd-rom in the glovebox?

It doesn't have a little joystick on the controller, but the nav DVD says MMI 3g 2010... :confused:

2010 C6 A6.

Glovebox looks like this:
5ZDsBuO.jpg

MMI controller looks like this:
uw8XpSp.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine had the AMI unit and the CD Changer in the glove box, and the MMI unit in the boot. Mine was 100% a 2G unit though and it was also an Avant.

That's a setup I've not seen before, but I was under the impression that all MMI 3G systems had the joystick? :confused:

Xez

Xez

Associate
I've noticed exactly the same thing is happening on my '06 A4 too, so will be watching this with interest!

I had Audi fix corrosion on my previous S3 (2001) a few years back. They did the roof rails and bottom of one door but not the other as it was too far gone. I think you may struggle to be honest. They wouldn't replace my front arches as the rust was too far gone although no rust was showing it was just bubbling. I expect that they will say a stone chip caused it...

They will have a paint depth gauge to see if it's previously been spayed and unless you can prove it was done at an Audi approved Body shop they won't touch it at all.

Back
Top Bottom