Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Mine will be out next July so will be interested to hear about that too. I think I will be extending it as I have already had the car in twice for work. Adding up the cost shows that it is worth it.

I imagine warranty on a RS would be a bit dearer than my TDI. :p

Yes your right, I think it will be worth it. Out of interest did you buy yours from a audi dealer?

Associate
I imagine warranty on a RS would be a bit dearer than my TDI. :p

Yes your right, I think it will be worth it. Out of interest did you buy yours from a audi dealer?

I should probably do a quote to see how much it might end up costing, I'm not too sure if I can do one right now though or if you have to be close to your current warranty running out.

I didn't buy mine from an Audi dealer, it was a private sale although it had just been to Audi for its service/a look over. I also had it inspected by the RAC which didn't flag up any issues (apart from a few scratches on a specific trim inside, but I already knew about that).

Last edited:
Soldato
My wheels are boring and Scrapey. I've never bought wheels before. I'm looking for some better wheels for my C6 S6.

So does anyone have recommendations for wheels that are going to be decent quality (not cheese), and know what might suit the car.

Currently have these, which are the only OEM wheels, that is the car:
tnfSRUvl.jpg

I think they're 19" J9, not found the correct offset yet.

I'm leaning toward something subtle and 5-spoke.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My wheels are boring and Scrapey. I've never bought wheels before. I'm looking for some better wheels for my C6 S6.

So does anyone have recommendations for wheels that are going to be decent quality (not cheese), and know what might suit the car.

Currently have these, which are the only OEM wheels, that is the car:
img

I think they're 19" J9, not found the correct offset yet.

I'm leaning toward something subtle and 5-spoke.
http://www.original-felgen.com/4f0601025at8z8.html

9 x 19 ET52

BBS CH-R is a good shout :)

I'd suggest OEM or BBS.

Soldato
A Google image search is ideal but here's some suggestions -

There's the newer "S" style rotors

alloys01.jpg

The older RS4 7 spoke which looks OK

alloys02.jpg

Or something fully Aftermarket like these

alloys03.jpg

Permabanned
Still think the 7 spoke doubles or the 9 spoke singles are some of the best sets Audi put on their RS cars. Really hate the rotors. The 6 spoke doubles that were on the VW Phaeton were nice too. Those were called "Helios", which I only remember because it's the same as the hostname of my laptop.

There's a great site here that has all the OEM wheels, sizes and names for different models and brands of Audi / VW motors.

Edit: Didn't notice mjt had already posted the above site. That's bed time for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still think the 7 spoke doubles or the 9 spoke singles are some of the best sets Audi put on their RS cars. Really hate the rotors. The 6 spoke doubles that were on the VW Phaeton were nice too. Those were called "Helios", which I only remember because it's the same as the hostname of my laptop.

There's a great site here that has all the OEM wheels, sizes and names for different models and brands of Audi / VW motors.

Edit: Didn't notice mjt had already posted the above site. That's bed time for me.

Complete opposite for me, I love the rotors and wish I had them now (maybe will again one day). Very easy to keep clean/maintain. Though I believe quite costly to fix if you curb/damage them. They suit the daytona grey colour as well.

Soldato
What are thoughts on the new TT? Brand new they're too much for me, but thinking maybe wait for a year and then get one. Or is the new mkIII driving depreciation further on the mkII and making some decent VFM, comparatively?

I've been thinking about a new car for a while, changing from my st220, but there are some new releases atm, e.g. Jag XE, TT, mx5, new cayman (looks so much better, but this is a stretch too far for me) that peak my interest. However, I'd have to wait 12-24 months for prices to come down a bit (except for the mx5).

Don
Prefer the look externally of the mkII, I don't think any of the changes outside have improved it at all. Interior is nice, particularly the dashboard. The impression I got from the dealer when I looked to trade mine in was that it hadn't had much impact on depreciation of the mkII values.

Soldato
I always thought the mkII looked too soft. A massive improvement over the mkI, but soft non the less. The mkIII however, with it's sharper lines, give it a better look overall IMO.

But then it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Associate
So ended up trading in the S1 as it was killing me on costs for long journeys for this diesel econobox...

06kM1Yzmz5e8stO9zoAOicXbVj_HYmgHAmv0Y1E-Ssyw=w1213-h900-no

In fairness I absolutely love it. Classier cabin, comfortable and 50mpg at least no matter how quick I drive it (its the 2.0TDI 150PS). Do I miss the power of the S1? Be lying if I said I didn't but was the right move for me.

Associate
I have ordered a new RS3 but they haven't even given me a build week yet.

However an Audi dealership near by has one which is brand new but has a few less options than I'd of liked and is in Nardo grey vs sepanng blue. Tempted. It's a cancelled order. No pan roof or Matt grey rotor alloys just normal silver ones. No Audi phone box either.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So ended up trading in the S1 as it was killing me on costs for long journeys for this diesel econobox...

06kM1Yzmz5e8stO9zoAOicXbVj_HYmgHAmv0Y1E-Ssyw=w1213-h900-no

In fairness I absolutely love it. Classier cabin, comfortable and 50mpg at least no matter how quick I drive it (its the 2.0TDI 150PS). Do I miss the power of the S1? Be lying if I said I didn't but was the right move for me.
Same here.
Of course I miss the power of my S3, but my A6 2.0 TDI is good enough. Any less than 170PS would be unbearable.

Soldato

http://adv1wheels.com/wheelcollection/adv08ts.php This with hidden hardware looks promising, going to see how much they quote.

Back
Top Bottom