Audi owners in here!

Xez

Xez

Associate
The 8P RS3 is a good car to get from A to B quickly and seeings as the platform is so old it's fairly reliable apart from bad front discs warping and weak propshaft bearings. Personally it's not where I'd put 25K though. Current owners are keeping the prices high and although I would love one to me it just isn't worth the premium over an S3.

The 8V S3 is better in every way apart from the engine and the engine does make the 8P RS3 appealing. But it is the only character that the car has.

As far as under steer goes I think this is hugely exaggerated and I think most people would expect it in anything that isn't RWD if foot to the floor or entering a corner too fast. The only time I've had under steer was on track.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can't imagine many cars on sale today that are not a nicer place to be than an 8P RS3 paradigm. Remember, it's the dinosaur we are discussing not the current one.

An equivalently priced Golf R is almost without question a nicer place to be.

Transmission breaker
Don
New "paint job" for the bonnet of the estate :D

Flakey3.jpg

Flakey4.jpg

Associate
Any A6 Avant C7 owners here? Looking at buying a facelift Black Edition model later in the year ~27k at the moment.

Any tips on options to look for, potential issues etc? Never owned an Audi, currently have an E91 BMW.

Man of Honour
Might be worth waiting till early next year, the new A6 should be out by then. That should impact prices of the C7.

You won't see a new A6 next year. 2018 at the earliest and Audi is known for stretching out platform life beyond the standard 7 years.

The current model hasn't quite been around 5 years yet.

Associate
Either way don't think I could wait that long!

I'm hoping around October time with the new 66 plate out and 15-plate owners having a bit more time to put miles on their cars will bring the prices down so I could haggle to around the 25k mark.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
[TW]Fox;29765244 said:
You won't see a new A6 next year. 2018 at the earliest and Audi is known for stretching out platform life beyond the standard 7 years.

The current model hasn't quite been around 5 years yet.

I thought i'd read that the A6 saloon was due out next year, mind it was probably in autoexpress so its utter make believe!

I think it was out in 2010, 2 years after the A4. 2018 is probaby about right.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29770168 said:
Nice car spoiled by a nasty engine. Go for a 2.0TFSI. It's supposed to be sporty, the 2.0 TDI is about as sporty as.. errr.. somebody not sporty sitting on a sofa I guess.

Nasty how? Having test driven it, it felt surprisingly refined (if not massively sporty - granted).

To add a bit of context - will be doing more motorway miles than anything else and the TDI feels plenty torquey enough for swift overtaking where needed.

Anyone driven one with the S-Line suspension option? (10mm lower than normal) - reviews say it can be back breaking but it does look a lot better. Wondering if it's quite that bad.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Horrible power delivery and monotonous drone from the engine. In the right car with the right gearbox - something like an A6 - it works well and the sound is muted but it spoils the TT.

Do you want a sporting drive? Get a different engine. Do you just want to look good and tell everyone you have an S Line whilst pounding the motorway? The A6 or something would be better.

Soldato
Any pointers about an a6 TDI? Friend is looking for a decent size estate at 12-13k and would prefer something more premium than a Mondeo/Mazda. This one popped up and seems like a good deal

http://www.hendycarstore.co.uk/used-car/audi/a6/2-0-tdi-se/aetv24052730/

The 520d is the obvious comparison but the price seems to be scraping the barrel of the F11 and top end money for an E60.

Anything to watch out for on those A6s? Good cars?

Back
Top Bottom