Audi owners in here!

Associate
So I have been wafting around in an A6 50 TFSIe for the last few days while mine get's fixed.

In short summary:
I do not like the excessive lane control system - I feel like I am always fighting the car (maybe I need to stay in lane a bit better)
I am not keen on the lack of buttons - it's all click touchscreens, which are never going to work after my daily trip to Greggs
I remain undecided about the assisted braking - handy around town, but again, just a bit intrusive. I can imagine it would be handy in an emergency.
I am surprised at how much I enjoy the low speed electric driving - it just works and is nice to potter around town in and is seamless in transition
My biggest takeaway, is how I prefer the electric noise (or lack of) against the rather asthmatic petrol engine. Just cements in my mind the desire to have something that sounds a little better than "standard" or just go full electric.

I just feel like it's a reasonably good car. Not exciting, not interesting and a bit sterile.
Probably perfect for a Sales rep with no interest in cars, that wants to get from A to B in relative ease and a lower tax bill

Soldato
Soldato
I just feel like it's a reasonably good car. Not exciting, not interesting and a bit sterile.
Probably perfect for a Sales rep with no interest in cars, that wants to get from A to B in relative ease and a lower tax bill

Isn't that exactly what it is designed to be?
A 5 series 530e hardly sets your trousers alight

Soldato
The Lane Control system was always the very first thing I turned off in my A6 50

I found it very intrusive as it would interfere when passing parked car’s when you have to cross the white line. Another thing I didn’t like about was in some scenario’s it would assist my turn in if going abit quick and the fact the wheel goes like City Steering when it interferes made me have to quickly dial back my original grip quickly to avoid hitting something (Or that’s the split second feeling/reaction it left me doing)

Associate
Decided my next car will be an Audi TT or TTS. Haven't quite decided on manual/auto yet (will test drive them both), but I was wondering if there's any reason to avoid higher mileage cars (for example 2015/16 with 60/70k+ miles)?
Is the 2.0T TFSI engine (serviced as and when it should be) generally good for 100k+ miles?
Hey! I'm looking to get a TT as well, anything you've found out that might be useful? First time Audi buyer

Soldato
Decided my next car will be an Audi TT or TTS. Haven't quite decided on manual/auto yet (will test drive them both), but I was wondering if there's any reason to avoid higher mileage cars (for example 2015/16 with 60/70k+ miles)?
Is the 2.0T TFSI engine (serviced as and when it should be) generally good for 100k+ miles?
Definitely go for S-tronic - I was a 'must be manual' guy until my Old A3 broke and Audi loaned me an S-tronic TT while it was in for repair. I ended up buying 2.0TFSI S-tronic quattro black edition less than a year later. It was a brilliant car!

It you are buying second hand though I believe you need to make sure the S-tronic gearbox has had its service after a certain mileage. Other than that I don't see an issue with it having 60k miles

Man of Honour
Brand new TT roadster. It has been into the dealers twice now in last 4 weeks due to the engine fault light coming on and it has come on again today for the third time (not my car). First time they reset it, second time replaced a part but now I am suggesting the car is handed back and money returned. Any experience of this, any advice or pointers?

2L petrol turbo 245bhp one.

Associate
Definitely go for S-tronic - I was a 'must be manual' guy until my Old A3 broke and Audi loaned me an S-tronic TT while it was in for repair. I ended up buying 2.0TFSI S-tronic quattro black edition less than a year later. It was a brilliant car!

It you are buying second hand though I believe you need to make sure the S-tronic gearbox has had its service after a certain mileage. Other than that I don't see an issue with it having 60k miles
These are the service intervals for my TTRS, which may be a bit different from the standard cars being the RS model.
4ZTQwsi.png

One thing I have found with Audi is the sales people you buy the car from couldn't give a single **** once everything is signed over. It was like pulling teeth getting anything from my salesman once I had the car in my possession. Once I went over his head to the management team he suddenly became far more helpful and I'm getting my next full service done for free.

Associate
Yeah sales is not great, after sales not too bad so far for me.

Used prices continue to rise, wonder when that bubble will pop. The WBAC valuation on my RS has increased by £2k and is getting close to what I paid for it at approved used prices

Soldato
These are the service intervals for my TTRS, which may be a bit different from the standard cars being the RS model.

One thing I have found with Audi is the sales people you buy the car from couldn't give a single **** once everything is signed over. It was like pulling teeth getting anything from my salesman once I had the car in my possession. Once I went over his head to the management team he suddenly became far more helpful and I'm getting my next full service done for free.

Tell me about it! I couldn't be more disappointed with the Audi dealerships I've dealt with and I've said the exact same thing. Once you've signed for the car they literally can't be bothered with you. Warning signs were there when you don't even get offered a coffee when you're waiting to collect the car, completely different to the hospitality I received when going through the purchase.

I've now decided to leave the brand, whilst I appreciate the dealerships aren't technically Audi employees, they still represent the brand.

Soldato
Used prices continue to rise, wonder when that bubble will pop. The WBAC valuation on my RS has increased by £2k and is getting close to what I paid for it at approved used prices

I’ve noticed this too, very strange territory. Normally my cars are worth half the value within minutes of purchase. Tbh I’m tempted.

Associate
I’ve noticed this too, very strange territory. Normally my cars are worth half the value within minutes of purchase. Tbh I’m tempted.

I'm changing my 2 year old Q7 and its values keep rising as well. I was offered well over top book as a straight sale to a local dealer. The dealers just don't have any used stock and new cars are taking months to arrive.

Associate
The WBAC valuation of the Golf R I recently part ex'd has risen by £3k since the middle of March :eek: and their offer for my current TTRS is less than a grand from what I paid.

Associate
Had a bit of drama with our local Audi garage this week. My sister in law just bought a new A4 from stock. Took the PCP to get the £4k deposit contribution and first service free. Called VWFS, cancelled the PCP and paid the balance. Nothing different to what I've done a few times before. This time however, she got a call from a really rather angry salesman who took it rather personally and said that she wouldn't be getting the free service and that she 'should really pay back the deposit contribution'.

She got flustered from his aggressive tone so I called them and had a few words. Head of Business called a day later, also with a less-that-stellar attitude! Unbelievable really.

Soldato
Had a bit of drama with our local Audi garage this week. My sister in law just bought a new A4 from stock. Took the PCP to get the £4k deposit contribution and first service free. Called VWFS, cancelled the PCP and paid the balance. Nothing different to what I've done a few times before. This time however, she got a call from a really rather angry salesman who took it rather personally and said that she wouldn't be getting the free service and that she 'should really pay back the deposit contribution'.

She got flustered from his aggressive tone so I called them and had a few words. Head of Business called a day later, also with a less-that-stellar attitude! Unbelievable really.
That's disgraceful behaviour. Have you raised it with Audi HQ?

Associate
That's disgraceful behaviour. Have you raised it with Audi HQ?

Yes I've spoken to a customer relations manager who deals with complaints. Awaiting a call back once they 'look into it' but seemed really apologetic. I asked the question on why they'd be quite so angry, and whether it was because they have targets on closing PCP deals. She wouldn't confirm nor deny it.

Back
Top Bottom