Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
LOL knew it!

Didnt want to mention that name so thought you might for me.

Wasn't a great day as MTorque was on its last legs but the previous one was a superb event and Thorny put on a good day with full BBQ and RR with all money going to Matt who ran the site. No axe to grind with me.

Don
Unlucky!
Some **** did that to my whole street. BMW said they could do it for £500, but I'm not going to bother as it lives on the street.

ah yes not only did they key the car but slashed both tyres as well... I took one look and went straight to the gym before my head exploded!

Stelly

Caporegime

Buy it then!!! ;)

They take to a remap quite well too, seeing as they have the exact same engine as the 200PS A4 ;)

Few pics of mine, because I've not put them in here yet

a6-1.jpg

a6-2.jpg

a6-4.jpg

a6-int-1.jpg

a6-int-2.jpg

a6-int-3.jpg

Caporegime
I wanted an estate because of the luggage capacity for going on holiday (camping/fishing/skiing/etc) and for shoving the MTB in the back. I also think the estate looks better from the back!

Oh, and grey is easily the best colour for a non S/RS model ;)

Man of Honour
Am I just unobservent or is it often hard to tell an SLine from an SE at a glance? The styling tweaks seem ever so subtle. A Sport C Class for example is very obviously not an SE.

Caporegime
What's the Sat Nav system like? I see it's DVD, so does this get updated?

New discs have come out twice each year (no idea how long they will continue for now MMI has reached 3rd and 4th generations, with HDD/SD card based nav).

Mine is running a 2011 disc at the moment.

[TW]Fox;22265271 said:
Am I just unobservent or is it often hard to tell an SLine from an SE at a glance? The styling tweaks seem ever so subtle. A Sport C Class for example is very obviously not an SE.

It's very "Audi" to be subtle, and not so obnoxious. Nothing (IMO) looks worse than a sporty merc. There are changes, different bumpers, skirts, spoiler, but the main things are not really visible from the outside, such as suspension geometry changes (lowered, stiffer, etc), and interior changes. S-Line seats are far better than SE seats.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22265271 said:

Few things I think, the grill is different, and the alloys, but you're right nothing major different, but the same goes for the 5 series.

And it's a little lower sitting. Also the interior is superior too!

Caporegime
Do these discs have to be bought? Any way of linking the Sat Nav to SD cards?

They are sold through Audi retail, yes. Although I'm sure there are less official ways of getting updates.

Not sure what you mean about "linking" to SD. Later MMI systems are either HDD based (such as MMI 3G) or SD Card based like the MMI in the A1 for example.

The MMI 2G in 2005-2008 A6s has no SD Card input as it is, and the only SD card input you can "add" (by add I mean get the AMI USB interface and an SD card reader) would be for audio use only.

That is a good point actually, make sure you get one with AMI (or retrofit AMI as I did) otherwise you end up with no audio input options other than the MP3 compatible CD changer in the glovebox.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;22265271 said:

My thoughts exactly. When you look at an SE A4 & S-Line A4 it is so much more apparent.

Back
Top Bottom