Audi S3

Soldato
OP
Vanilla_Ice said:
This time next year, I WILL have one!!!!

(I did say that last year as well though :( )

Nice looking example. Are you planning a trip to REVO/AMD/MTM ?

ICE

Yes i will, as soon as i get soom money together, most peeps on the Audi forum say its well worth it. There is a trial you can book.
They remap your engine and it lasts 5 driving hours then reverts back to standard (this trial is free), All the guys that did this remaped for good :D, costs about £450-500 for 250-260 bhp.

Matt wheels are reburbed and in my garage ;) (not for sale)

Associate
Wedge said:
Yes i will, as soon as i get soom money together, most peeps on the Audi forum say its well worth it. There is a trial you can book.
They remap your engine and it lasts 5 driving hours then reverts back to standard (this trial is free), All the guys that did this remaped for good :D, costs about £450-500 for 250-260 bhp.

Matt wheels are reburbed and in my garage ;) (not for sale)

Sounds like the REVO trial.

Which Audi forums do you frequent? Tyresmoke.net?

How much did you pay for yours if you dont mind me asking? PM me if you'd rather.

Cheers,

ICE

Associate
Can anyone with an S3 or an S4 please comment on the real life running costs. I'd quite like to buy an S4 to use as a sporty family car but I keep hearing about horrendous servicing costs and turbo costs etc (£3000+)

Some first hand knowledge would be useful. I'd probably only do about 5000 miles a year in it if that. A weekend car really.

Associate
Wedge, absolutely lovely bud. They are very solid cars.

Are they not the 18" RS4 Alloys you have on there, didn't think they were the RSTT even though they did fit them to some TT models?

They would've also looked smooth on your VR6 :)

Soldato
OP
Thx guys for your nice comments, she is a sweet motor!!

Vanilla_Ice

Yer its the Revo trail, im going to wait till i have the funds to pay for it, because i know im gunna want it when the trials over ;)

Audi-Sport.net

She cost me 12k (which i was very pleased with)

Paras

An S3 ?

carpmaster

Just had my 'Long life service' cost Just over £400 (make sure you shop around, prices between dealers vary massively) Im averaging 27 mpg at the moment (its good for 34+ mpg on the motorway)

rdfcpete

Yes they are the 18" RS4 Alloys, i put Goodyear F1 tyres on them, man they look sweet. http://www.btinternet.com/~wedge007/S3/s2.JPG
My VR6 is a little tied, its done 135k still a very solid car, but it was time for a change.

Soldato
carpmaster said:
Can anyone with an S3 or an S4 please comment on the real life running costs. I'd quite like to buy an S4 to use as a sporty family car but I keep hearing about horrendous servicing costs and turbo costs etc (£3000+)

Some first hand knowledge would be useful. I'd probably only do about 5000 miles a year in it if that. A weekend car really.

A friend has an S3 and costs arent too bad, the service is something like 300? cant remember. The exhaust to be replaced I heard would only cost 900£, but I didnt ask if he got quoted that or guessed it.

If you want to get it remapped, go to AMD ~ unlikely..but if you are in warranty the Audi computers cant pick the remap up by AMD at least it didnt when this S3 went in.

Amazing car though, the way it sticks at high speeds on the road round bends etc ohhh the brakes are good too :)

Back
Top Bottom