Associate
Hey,

I'm looking for advice on how best to setup my audio for my pc

I use a modmic 5 paired with philips fidelio X2s aswell as a 4k LG tv and once IKEA is back ill be setting up my Edifier R1280DBs again.

I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing a Schiit fulla 3 to drive my mic and headset through, or if theres a better option for me that would also drive my speakers rather than leaving them plugged into the TV/motherboard(still undecided on which ill plug them into, the tv is connected to my pc over hdmi though)

Thanks for any input

Soldato
Depends whether you want positional locating effects when playing FPS games. If not, then Schiit Fulla 3 is a good option. If you do, then a Creative SoundblasterX G6 will be a better choice; otherwise, for positional sound placement, you'd have to use additional software with the Fulla 3.

Both Fulla 3 and G6 have line out for connecting stereo speakers.

B grade G6 has just popped up again on Creative's site for £70.

Associate
OP
Depends whether you want positional locating effects when playing FPS games. If not, then Schiit Fulla 3 is a good option. If you do, then a Creative SoundblasterX G6 will be a better choice; otherwise, for positional sound placement, you'd have to use additional software with the Fulla 3.

Both Fulla 3 and G6 have line out for connecting stereo speakers.

B grade G6 has just popped up again on Creative's site for £70.

I would prefer positional audio for games that sounds good, what software would I need? I could get that already.

Is there much difference performance wise (sound quality) between the two? A G6 sounds a better option especially if it's cheaper

Thanks

Soldato
I think the G6 is the better option, considering the price of a B grade unit. No need for additional software, as that comes as part of the G6.

You would need additional software for the Fulla 3, as it's just plain stereo. Windows 10 has it's own built in software that is free to use 'Windows sonic for headphones'. A trial for Dolby Atmos for headphones is also included with W10. I think Dolby Atmos costs £15 after the trial ends.

Creative have their own SBX prostudio which is arguably one of the best algorithms for positional sound placement. The SBX software can be bought separately from Creative's website for use with other devices, for those that don't have a Creative sound card; but at the cost of £30, it's not good value really considering it comes as part of the G6, which cost just £40 more for a B grade unit.

Fulla 3 + SBX software would come to almost twice as much as the B grade G6.

One advantage the G6 has, is that it can be used with consoles as well. Fulla 3 may work with PS4, but you wouldn't get any positional sound.

G6 has a good DAC and amp, so I wouldn't expect there to be notable difference compared to the Fulla 3.

C64

C64

Soldato
Got a schiit magni here it's more than enough for fidelios a more expensive amp would be a waste on fidelios as they're not hard to drive

for me i'd get one of those new thx AAA amps if I were buying now as it will be an amp for life
like the smsl sp200

Soldato
I would prefer positional audio for games that sounds good, what software would I need? I could get that already.

Is there much difference performance wise (sound quality) between the two? A G6 sounds a better option especially if it's cheaper
B-stock price SBX G6 is darn good package for headphone gaming. (+movies)
Myself got it about month ago after 25 years of internal sound cards.

Unlike some bass bloating Dolby Headphone Creative's algorithm is also good for above neutral bass headphones.

Back
Top Bottom