Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Not available in the UK, annoyingly. As I'd subscribe in a heart beat but Sky have exclusive rights in the UK until maybe 2025 I think it is

Ah, I hadn't realised that. It's available over here (in Germany) but I don't hear good things about the quality, and they've not bothered to make a TV app which limits its utility. F1 is still free to air here, but I'm tempted to get it for practice sessions and F2/F3 coverage as well as access to Live Timing. I miss Live Timing.

Soldato
Ah, I hadn't realised that. It's available over here (in Germany) but I don't hear good things about the quality, and they've not bothered to make a TV app which limits its utility. F1 is still free to air here, but I'm tempted to get it for practice sessions and F2/F3 coverage as well as access to Live Timing. I miss Live Timing.

I was subscribed for the live timing but I cancelled it back in March when it was clear the season wouldn't be going ahead.

So is DAS allowed and Red Bull can't/won't challenge it?

Soldato
It does seem odd that Horner has hinted that RB now have a DAS system. Given the lockdown, when would they have had the chance to design the system and rebuild the monocoque? I know they did a 'filming day' last week, but they are heavily restricted in terms of the development work that can be done. Is Horner just indirectly saying that RB know that the DAS system is legal and they aren't going to protest Merc when they use it. Instead he's going to save face by saying RB have their own version, regardless of whether that's even true or not.

Man of Honour
It does seem odd that Horner has hinted that RB now have a DAS system. Given the lockdown, when would they have had the chance to design the system and rebuild the monocoque? I know they did a 'filming day' last week, but they are heavily restricted in terms of the development work that can be done. Is Horner just indirectly saying that RB know that the DAS system is legal and they aren't going to protest Merc when they use it. Instead he's going to save face by saying RB have their own version, regardless of whether that's even true or not.

That’s not a bad shout, that could well be his strategy.

Mercedes seem very very comfortable.

Caporegime
I also like (in no order)

merc,
pink one
Alpha - unusual as I don't usually like white cars
Renault
Starting to warm to the mclaren

Ones I don't like
Alpha
Red bull
The Williams is the worst!

Ferrari is ok, same as ever

Caporegime
Looking forward to this season as indoors so much . Would love to see the first race live at least. Going to be hard to wait to C4 time

Soldato
They look great, don't they? Actually I'm really liking the look of the cars this year. Nice liveries all round.

I know it's just practice, but it's so nice to see the cars on track again (and the quality on F1TV is pretty good :) ).
You're just rubbing salt in the wounds that I can't access F1TV :p

We just need a British Racing Green colour back on the grid now. I suppose with Aston Martin reportedly buying out Force India/Racing Point it means they could go Green but then we'd be missing the pink car!

Are Mclaren using Mercedes engines this year or is that next year and still on Renault power?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Proof, if it was even needed, that modern F1 is dull as ditchwater. Action on-track for the first time this year...and the commentators are talking about haircuts.

;):p

Caporegime
I also like (in no order)

merc,
pink one
Alpha - unusual as I don't usually like white cars
Renault
Starting to warm to the mclaren

Ones I don't like
Alpha
Red bull
The Williams is the worst!

Ferrari is ok, same as ever

Erm...?

I like the Red Bull, I think it's one of the best looking cars, has been since they went for the matt look. The matt look also works on the Ferrari.

William is the worst, and not just based on looks, but - and practice, etc. - it does look like they're much closer to the rest of the field this year. Hopefully George can actually battle with some of the other cars this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom