Automatic transmission.

Soldato
Horses for courses as they say. If you drive a car for a living, e.g. taxi, or you commute through big traffic jams everyday, and auto cannot be beaten. However, if you actually enjoy driving, enjoy extracting the best out of your car by your own skill, not a computers, enjoy the feeling of a perfectly timed gearchange and the exhaust note during a good downchange then you'll know that a real drivers car won't have an auto box.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Dogbreath
Horses for courses as they say. If you drive a car for a living, e.g. taxi, or you commute through big traffic jams everyday, and auto cannot be beaten. However, if you actually enjoy driving, enjoy extracting the best out of your car by your own skill, not a computers, enjoy the feeling of a perfectly timed gearchange and the exhaust note during a good downchange then you'll know that a real drivers car won't have an auto box.
Exactly

Soldato
Only an early model tbh 91-94, the luxury is unbeatable for a car in that price bracket. Sit in the back in your ultra comfortable leather seats, decide its a bit chilly, pop open the armrest and flick the heated seat on :D
And the looks are pretty damn good too

lex.jpg

Associate
OP
I love one of them in manual i be youd get some nice grunt from that beast.

I think every single one of them that i have seen around is auto which is a bit frustrating but manual drivers are not what that car is aimed at. LS200 now thats a drivers car. Cheap as well.

Soldato
correct, the LS range did not have a manual transmission, automatic only. I honestly dont know why you would want to spoil such a nice car by putting a jerky clumsy manual box in it though:confused: :confused:

Associate
Originally posted by Clarkey
correct, the LS range did not have a manual transmission, automatic only. I honestly dont know why you would want to spoil such a nice car by putting a jerky clumsy manual box in it though:confused: :confused:

it's only jerky if your chauffeur can't gear change :p

Associate
OP
Youd have to be retarded to not be able to change gear prop if you pasted your driving test. Slam a manual in there and you could drive the car how you liked.

Didnt the ls200 have a manual gear box. What range does have manual because no dought lexases are nice cars. Brings me to the fact that lexus were suposed to take the supra on.

Last edited:
Soldato
i dont think there is a person in the world who could shift as smoothly as one of those autoboxes constantly. This thing is a luxury car why would you want to remove the luxury of not having to play with a gearstick all the time?

Soldato
Originally posted by Manifest
Youd have to be retarded to not be able to change gear prop if you pasted your driving test. Slam a manual in there and you could drive the car how you liked.

Didnt the ls200 have a manual gear box. What range does have manual because no dought lexases are nice cars. Brings me to the fact that lexus were suposed to take the supra on.

dunno which ones had manual boxes, but the ls200 doesnt exist, only the ls400 and ls430.

Dunno what your thinking about but the soarer twin turbo is a supra in different clothes...

Associate
OP
Yeh buts that my luxury to control the car how i want too.

And what with that dude on the other page saying come drive my car and u will see that autos are fun. I just reakon if hes got a nice beamer it doesnt mater how good the gear changes are the fun is getting it right not just moving the foot up and down and across to the break which brings me to another point. Auto kinda keep going unless you keep you foot on the break at the lights.

I will never see that point till im a but older because just using one foot to just push the pedal aint fun. Like the other said nothing like a good 2nd to third gate change.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Clarkey
dunno which ones had manual boxes, but the ls200 doesnt exist, only the ls400 and ls430.

Dunno what your thinking about but the soarer twin turbo is a supra in different clothes...

Oh i have seen a lexus ls something im sure. Not the huge one u showed in the picture but a smaller one a bit sporty. Nice car phat alloys and a big engine with manual.

Associate
luxury cars use autos for smoothness :) no doubt about that

though i wouldn't mind if they did have a manual option because well some luxury cars would make good autobahn cruisers (one place where i would prefer a manual is the autobahns)

PS i've heard several rumours of BMW phasing out manual transmissions in it's next M series in favour of a paddle shift or auto. Seems good to me, really on a paddle shift you have got as much control as you do a manual, just you don't have to faff around with the clutch when changing up and down because a computer adapts it to what you're doing with the shifter. Leaving your over foot free for a handbrake pedal (anyone drive a car with one?) that's what i want, a handbrake pedal, so fun watching people get in the car and go round a corner only to inadvertently screw up in a weird handbrake turn :D

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Kanes
luxury cars use autos for smoothness :) no doubt about that

though i wouldn't mind if they did have a manual option because well some luxury cars would make good autobahn cruisers (one place where i would prefer a manual is the autobahns)

PS i've heard several rumours of BMW phasing out manual transmissions in it's next M series in favour of a paddle shift or auto. Seems good to me, really on a paddle shift you have got as much control as you do a manual, just you don't have to faff around with the clutch when changing up and down because a computer adapts it to what you're doing with the shifter. Leaving your over foot free for a handbrake pedal (anyone drive a car with one?) that's what i want, a handbrake pedal, so fun watching people get in the car and go round a corner only to inadvertently screw up in a weird handbrake turn :D

I wont buy one when i grow up. Looks like its second hand cares for me then. If they had padles and a clutch then maybe but having the clutch to me is the best part.

Soldato
you mean the is300?

And because its a BMW its allright to be auto?:confused:

Manuals also keep going if you dont take it out of gear or keep your foot on the clutch, and anyway you would put your foot on the brake anyway else you roll into the person in front/behind you. Also more to the point if your in a jam you can always put it into N or if your lazy park allthough park isnt a good idea cos if u get shunted ur box is scrap.

As for the autobahn, why would you want a manual? Id have though this is just the place for an auto, wanna go faster put your foot down, it will shift up/down for you, not as if you need all this 'extra control' you get with a manual if you're going in a straight line.
Also more to the point if your into speed then most autboxes have higher gear ratios than their manual counterparts giving you a higher theoretical top speed. For example the autobox on the 300z has a max speed of over 200 theoretically if you could redline it in 4th, the manual will only do 180 odd in 5th.

Associate
OP
96F355SPIDER.jpg

photo_threequarterfrontred.jpg

Surely you would want a fully manual one of those. 355 and 360. With that i would want a 6 speed cutch included open gate gear transmission.

Find me a nicer car!

Back
Top Bottom