Autosport International

Man of Honour
14 hour day over.... out at 7am - in at 9pm...

Still didn't see everything.

My old company wasn't there - however gave some abuse to the competition on their behalf. ;)

Didn't take anywhere near as many photo's as I thought I would - only took around 1/2gb...looks kind of pathetic that I still had space for another 790 shots

Just checking them quickly - some good - some bad. Most were handheld with no flash - so 1:8th exposures.

Thought the arena was ok - seeing the Clio smack into the wall and breaking something on the rear right wheel was quite funny - as was the McLaren yound driver finalists crashing into each other on the last lap. :D

Apent most of the time just wandering.

Did go to get a pic of a 911 and have 2 bints clamber on top of it - asked them politely to move as I was trying to get a picture. :D

Ikkly Johnny was funny though - abusing Mark Blundell :D

Will have some pics up later - will only be of the F1's though. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
OP
i went, only stopped 4 hours mind, was totally knackered walking around there. We got free tickets to get in too by some very kind gent who stopped us on the way in and gave us free tickets as he was leaving, stating they would only be thrown away should someone not use them, so if that was you - thanks :p

Only took 5 pics as the camera im using is the most heavy on batteries i know. some nice ladies there, and the live action arena was worth the £7 to enter. All in all, a dam good, but very tiring day. And im sure i missed 50% of what there is to see :(

Soldato
Well there were 2 slot car (scalextric) tracks there. :p The one you paid £2 for looked useless though had good controllers. Then the smaller one with the classic F1's running round was much better as the cars were in fairly good condition, though the controllers i hate. So yes i did push little kiddies off it. ;)

The Live Action Arena was good, but not quite as good as other years in my opinion. The F1 section was best, some of my favourate F1 cars were there. :D

Man of Honour
Anyone else disapointed with the 200mph supercar collection - 6 cars - only 5 of which are known to break 200mph...1 was an 'estimate'

Where was the XJ220, F50, McLaren F1, Veyron, Zonda....

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
I found an XJ220 at the back of the auction area... that doesn't help though :p

Was a little disappointed that the majority of the cars there were fakes. Guessing that they're worth a lot of money, but I wanted to see under the bonnets of these cars, not just the outsides.

I did like the live show, that rallycross Fiesta was one quick little car :)

Man of Honour
DaveyD said:
I found an XJ220 at the back of the auction area... that doesn't help though :p

Was a little disappointed that the majority of the cars there were fakes. Guessing that they're worth a lot of money, but I wanted to see under the bonnets of these cars, not just the outsides.

I did like the live show, that rallycross Fiesta was one quick little car :)

The XJ220 in the auction was the prototype and as such bares little resembelance to the finished road car. :(

Has a race tuned V6 in it instead of the production engine, hand made body, 'quality' ford interior amogst other things.

I loved the sound fromt he first 6R4 in the live arena.... :eek: Always liked the 6R4 - totally bananas. :D

There was a lot of replica's - that surprised me. There was a very early AC Cobra that Carroll Shelby had signed on the bonnet though tucked away to one side which was very nice.

Simon/~Flibster

*ps - photo's are coming....some are a right **** to edit...*

Man of Honour
First edited ones from Autosport 2006 - scaled down by 66% from the final shot

AstonMartin.jpg

AutoUnionD.jpg

BRMP578.jpg

Ferrari312B-1.jpg

Ferrari312B-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom