Average artists/bands with one AMAZING song

Suspended
Gilly said:
Intergalactic sucks. As do all the Chems songs you listed.

Another is Presidents of the USA - Peaches.
I had a conversation with one of my parents' friends the other day, who considers himself a bit of a gadget freak. In total seriousness, he told me that "An iPod is better than an mp3 player because the online service has a wider range of songs". This, I think, is comparable to the level of misunderstanding that you are labouring under.

Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
Controversial option:

The Stranglers - Peaches.
Golden Brown TBH

Arcade Fire said:
Less controversial:

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman.

Need one good song, not a good 5 secs at the start and a good 5 secs at the end :p
Sic said:
no no no...they must be average with at least ONE good song. so far, i count zero
Drops of Jupiter is great :)

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
Controversial option:

The Stranglers - Peaches.
How very dare you!

The Stone Roses - they've got one amazing song, they just gave it lots of different names and filled a couple of albums with it.

edit: The Steve Miller Band - The Joker.

Permabanned
Tru said:
The Stone Roses - they've got one amazing song, they just gave it lots of different names and filled a couple of albums with it.

Your off my funny forum buddy list :mad:

Man of Honour
Tru said:
edit: The Steve Miller Band - The Joker.

Fly Like An Eagle and Abracadabra to name another two although I am tempted to agree on the Stone Roses, I didn't mind them much until I shared a flat with a mate who insisted on playing them every day over and over which gets wearing especially when it was followed by hours of Dire Straits.

Another one I've just thought of is the Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar as I can't say I've heard anything worthwhile from them since.

Soldato
Gilly said:
ElvisFan, if you think that Oasis only made one good song then

:rolleyes: :(

But I suppose thats still a better strike record than Elvis with none :)

I hope that smiley is genuine, because I despair at the thought of somebody who's supposed to be intelligent coming out with a remark like that. :)

Man of Honour
ElvisFan said:
Gilly: If you think that "More Than Words" is a decent song, then :rolleyes: :( .

The "song" makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Hold on there?! What part of that song makes no sense? I can't even comprehend how you miss the meaning of the song which IMO is one of the best love songs ever, very pretty.

Its about saying 'I love you' doesn't mean anything if you don't show it. But you knew that, right? RIGHT?!

My personal pick would be...

The Strokes - Last Night.

The only song I can stand by them which doesn't make me want to give up learning the guitar. Purely IMO of course.

Associate
floatindolphin said:
GOT OUT!!!!! you heard the album? it's class!

Top guitarist

:confused: :eek: :confused:

There was only 2 good songs on that album, and they were both singles and hits, that's why so many people bought the album, 2 hit singles, but EVERY other song on there was average. Nothing stood out like 2 princes and little miss can't be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom