1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVIC-X1 Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Pug, 9 Mar 2006.

1. Pug

Soldato

How do!

How does the navigation work? Do you put the nav disk in, plan your route, then drive - take the disc out, and pop music/dvd in?

How far can you navigate like this, and does it remember routes travelled before without needing the disk?

I take it the screen isnt removeable? Is any part of it removeable to render non stealable?

2. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Navigation is great, stick in the dvd, enter a postcode it will plan the route, now it will store upto 64mb of data in the unit for maps, no idea how far this will get you since i always leave the dvd in.

It puts a dotted line down the map for roads you have been along you can store places in your address book.

Screen doesn't come off but the bottom half of the unit does to reveal a nice flashing red led.

3. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Don't hold me to it but I think it loads an area of map into memory meaing that you can plan further journeys without having to put the DVD back in as long as it's in that same area.

4. Oracle

Banned

AXIC plus 6 disc changer (or new Pioneer DVD 6 Disc changer) equals all your problems solved. Music or DVD plus nav = w00t!

5. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Don't suppose anyone knows which CD changers (Which do MP3 playback) are compatible with the X1R?

Would be tempted if I could get one for the right price, maybe an older second hand unit.

6. Dr House

Capodecina

http://www.avicx1forums.com/forum/ :D

7. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

You would be better getting a Sat nav ready dvd drive, mout it under a seat, keeping the nav disk in that and use the slot loader on the Avic for your music :)

8. great advice

Mobster

wtf a forum dedicated to 1 head unit? thats madness, people will set up a forum for anything nowadays lol

9. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Yea paras pointed me towards it when i was buying one :)

Good place to be, i'm not a member but i've read loads of interesting info on it :)

10. great advice

Mobster

Just reading through it now, there's a "Rover75man". Avic's are no longer cool if someone has put one in a Rover :(

11. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

12. Oracle

Banned

Theres one going in my ZT so shut it! lol!

13. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

I love this head unit but do you not worry about it being a target for thieves?

Last edited: 9 Mar 2006
  14. great advice

Mobster

No-one would dream of going near my car let alone breaking in :D

15. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

A little but when the screen is folded away and the faceplate remove it looks no different from any other stereo.

A little common sense helps I guess, as in not pulling up somewhere with music blaring and the screen out on display.

Fingers crossed I don't wake up to find a brick through the car window now I've said this. :p

16. Pug

Soldato

aye of course i would, but that pushes it out of my budget.

I was just hoping that i having to use a navi disk wouldnt be too much of a burden.

GSXMovistar - if what you say about loading a region is true then this would be perfect...

Also does the DVD player work when the vehicle is moving? I assume it does, but the new factory ones in range rovers halt playback

17. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

The AVIC comes with a cable that can be connected to the handbrake so that DVD/TV playback it disabled (on the main screen only) as soon as the handbrake is released.....

........but I don't know of any installers that set this up, instead they just ground the cable enabling playback at anytime.

Handy if the front passenger wants to watch something but I hope everyone has the common sense not to try any watch any DVDs whilst driving a car regardless of whether they think it’s safe if they are crawling in traffic.

18. Pug

Soldato

ok great, cheers

Also - the performance meter stuff - does that come with it - free as part of the software?

Any good?

19. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Yeah all comes as standard, not sure how useful it is but it's fun trying to get high side Gs. :p

20. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

You can get an additional box which measures other forces / inputs and displays it on the screen.