• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AVP Demo on steam , Black borders around the picture and tearing

Associate
Basically when i start the demo there is an "underscan" i beleive its called round the picture and there is almost a screen tear down the the screen (cant get a screenshot as when i try it only prints my desktop). I can press ALT ENTER to put it into window mode and its fine but would like full screen also this happens with crysis purchased via steam. This is with the sapphire 5870 with the following drivers

http://yfrog.com/jodriversp

this does not happen in any other game i play such as call of duty, world of warcraft or left 4 dead 2

here are a few screens , i took a photo using my iphone so the quality is abit ****

http://yfrog.com/bbavpap

confused :(

Associate
I'm having this problem with Crysis: Warhead on my new 5850...

from what I'm reading it is because it is reverting to a setting different to what I have set for desktop...

Soldato
Open CCC and enable GPU scaling in display properties. You have to right click your monitor and select configure to get to the setting.

Associate
Another thing to try, this worked for a diffrent game, is to uninstall driver.

Clean with the Free version of Driver sweeper.

Install the Catalyst but WITHOUT CCC.

If you need to change stuff can use ATI Tray Tools.

Worked for tearing and bad frame rates in two diffrent games. :confused:

Associate
change resolution to a native resolution. If that doesnt work put it to 800x600.

it is native - 1080p. why would anyone play at 800x600 on a 5850/70?

Open CCC and enable GPU scaling in display properties. You have to right click your monitor and select configure to get to the setting.

apparently you can't enable GPU scaling when in a native res (1080/720)

Another thing to try, this worked for a diffrent game, is to uninstall driver.

Clean with the Free version of Driver sweeper.

Install the Catalyst but WITHOUT CCC.

If you need to change stuff can use ATI Tray Tools.

Worked for tearing and bad frame rates in two diffrent games. :confused:

will give this a try, I've also got quite a lot of tearing and dont want to enable vsync in crysis because that would require a fairly constant fps of over 60 (or maybe 50)

Back
Top Bottom