B-DAY coming PROJECTOR PLEASE :D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
nO}{8 said:
thank you mr AndersOn, you have cleared that up:), 1024x768 IS HD.

It makes it, just, using scaling and mis shaped pixels. You do not need to lecture me about this kind of thing.

A 1024*768 panel cannot show a 1:1 pixel mapped HD image, it is therefore not an HD resolution display. It'll look ok in practice but dont kid yourself. When buying a projector i would always want either a decent CRT which would obviously be more than capable, or a >=1280*720 digital.

Associate
Optoma Themescene HD72i Projector
Beamax R-Series 213x122cm (7.1ft) Manual Projection Screen
10m Van Damme Component Cable

for £1495 a little over you limit but defantly worth it

Associate
OP
thanks for all the replays guys sorry i haven't been back to check my dsl is getting a regrade and as such is down until it is done (roll on 5.8MB :) anyways you have give me allot to think about i will be checking out the top 3 model's that have been mentioned and will go from there.

Also what is it like just putting the image on to a white wall? as its going to be in the Attic room and all the wall's are white already.

And would this be ok for a while as i would like the top model so might not be able to get the screen at the same time but if a white wall will work then i could just use this until i can get the screen.

Thanks
XD-3

Associate
OP
Hi again

just to clear somthing up are all of the parts in the projector that can run out replacable? and what are they? apart from the bulb. and if someone could be so kind to tell me around how much each part costs to replace

Thanks
XD-3

Soldato
You can use a white wall as a screen but the picture will not look as good as a proper screen. Firstly white paint does not reflect light in the same way as the coating on a screen. Chances are the wall will not be uniformly flat, thus things may look slightly out of shape. Last time I tried mine on the wall, the picture looked slightly fuzzier than with the screen. Plus most screens have a black border around the edge which helps you focus on the picture, I doubt you want to paint a big black rectangle on your wall :p
As far as I'm aware, the bulb is the only thing that is time limited, so any other failures will be warranty covered or engineer replacable.

Soldato
Shop around and youll find the AE900 available for under 1k

Being a AE700 owner i can vouch that the AE900 will be pretty decent, great for games, but imo still not 100% satisifying for movies but depends how critical you are.

As for this 1024x768 talk, actually their is very little loss in quality from a 720p source, someone mentioned that 1024x768 is 4:3 well it is but its not when the pixels involved are rectangular. You can get 16:9 1024x768 PJs.

I believe the AE500 was 1024x768 res PJ and many of the current/recent Plasma Tvs (eg Panasonic / Pioneer) in the 42" sizes are still 1024x768 displays do they look bad? The answer is no but for the price point the AE900 will be amongst the favourites and gives a very big screen in a small space, moreso than some others. Anyways see AV Forums for all the info youd need regarding other models.

PS do get a screen it helps a lot, use a DRH myself, well made a difference to me.

Last edited:
Associate
You could always check out avforums and pick up a 2nd hand one, I just got a z2 for £500 with a spare bulb, which is a pretty good deal, and a nice cheap way into lcd projection (I already got a barco 808 in the main room).

Back
Top Bottom