**B-GRADE CLEARANCE AND FORUM DEALS**

Associate
If this happens again you can get some isopropyl alcohol on strong cloth and gently rub around where the CPU contacts the cooler after undoing the clamping mechanism. This will help melt away and excess paste. You can also try gently pushing a plastic prying tool into the gap with some of the same alcohol on the end.

Isopropyl alcohol is my go to for removing paste.

Did that after keeping it stuck to the heatsink whilst straightening the pins as it provided a good solid base. Problem was that I didn't realise it had damaged the socket coming out since it wasn't unclipped at the time as you'd not know with the weight of the cooler and the level of resistance when lifting it out so RIP motherboard.

Associate
@JediFragger that's a good tip, i'll remember that, thank you

For those worried about calling in, the message about 1hr is standard, When I called last week to pay for the 2 items I bought (both arrived safely in good condition and working nicely) I think it was about a 15 minute wait in the initial queue, so I wouldn't be too put off.

Associate
The SSD I bought seems to be working flawlessly. Only thing wrong was the box was a little bashed, but it’s B grade so that’s to be expected. Will gladly look in B grade section again.

Soldato
I bought a B grade monitor expecting it to have dead pixels, it's perfect. Great deal!

Lucky, I've bought 2 x B-Grade monitors from OCUK and both arrived in horrendous condition, 1 had a mass amount of dead pixels and the other arrived without the power brick and only half the screen worked.

Granted this was like 4+ years ago so maybe they actually check them now.

Associate
I got my 32" curved from the b section last year, mint condition open box with zero dead pixels zero issues. I've been chasing a 2k version to sit alongside it ever since.

Caporegime
Lucky, I've bought 2 x B-Grade monitors from OCUK and both arrived in horrendous condition, 1 had a mass amount of dead pixels and the other arrived without the power brick and only half the screen worked.

Granted this was like 4+ years ago so maybe they actually check them now.
A fault should be exactly that, returned as faulty. It sounds like whoever returned it just said they didn’t want it and OCUK didn’t have time to check it, believing it to be OK.

Soldato
A fault should be exactly that, returned as faulty. It sounds like whoever returned it just said they didn’t want it and OCUK didn’t have time to check it, believing it to be OK.

There was a 3rd B-Grade monitor I bought but technically it wasn't for me it was for a family member, Turned out to be in pristine condition albeit missing all display and power cables which meant I had to spend an extra heap of cash getting the power brick, It's stuff like this though that has me wary, A lot of B-Grade stuff is VERY expensive and not that far off the full retail price so they should really all be checked properly before being put back up for sale.

Soldato
A lot of B-Grade stuff is VERY expensive and not that far off the full retail price so they should really all be checked properly before being put back up for sale.

9 times out of 10 B grade stuff gets put in that section at the old retail price hence why you need to post in CS forum and put an offer in. I've done this for probably last 5-6 years or more.

This is why this year the staff took it one step further and supplied email addresses for the offers and willingly accepted them. It happens every year the b grade clear out but probably went one step further as they needed the b grade space clearing for new stock. (I think they said this too)
Traditionally this section is not scrutinised much they have admitted this themselves several times in the past. If you know this and how it is treated and also that you can put offers in and aware of all this you can unearth some real gems.

Associate
I've had a motherboard, a case and a cooler (cooler was the only thing I put an offer in on) as the case and mobo were very fairly priced and apart from the io shield around the usb ports needing a tiny bit of tweaking I've got zero complaints. Honestly the case at just a smidge under half price I was expecting something noticeable with it but it's bloomin' perfect. Apart from my dead mobo a few weeks ago, which I have to accept as one of those things, I've nothing but good things to say about OCUK. The people manning the phones always impress me with their conduct, they deserve a nice bonus.

Edit: Scratch that, just remembered I've had no Haribo in my last 2 deliveries. Extremely cross and upset!

Last edited:
Associate
I've stumbled across the B-grade stuff on the site this morning and had no idea about them previously; a few nice finds in there and I'll certainly remember to check there in the future.

Back
Top Bottom