1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

B-Grade Yay or Nay??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Magnum_Force, 2 May 2006.

1. Magnum_Force

Hitman

Ok, so there is a B-grade X1800GTO on OCUK for £117 in vat, thats alot less than the standard retail version. My question is, is it worth the risk buying it, because such a reduction in price seems that there might be something wrong with it.

Thoughts??

2. Jabbs

Sgarrista

Don't b-grade have limited warranty too ?

3. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

14 days to try it first. Looks a bargain. :)

4. Magnum_Force

Hitman

Gah, I hate having two conflicting messages. Well, I have got a reply from an email i sent OCUK for pre purchase inquiries, and asked them what was wrong with it (if anything) and they said they cannot discuss what is wrong with individual B-Grade items, but that I have 14 days to return the card if it doesn't work.

Any other takers?? what are people's thoughts on B-grade stock in general??

Anyone with any bad experiences??

5. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

Bought a mobo which I couldnt get to post and returned it for a refund. Would happily buy other b grade stuff if its what I am after and reduced enough in price to tempt me. You might find at worst its a bare card with no cables or it could be a full retail box. Either way someone has bought it and opened it and either changed their min and couldnt get it working. It will have been tested I presume and is now for sale as they cant sell it as new.

Ps what is conflicting about the 2 replies. :confused:

6. Magnum_Force

Hitman

Ok, well I think I'll take the plunge, thanks again for everone's help, I appreciate it.

7. Magnum_Force

Hitman

Woo, bit the bullet and ordered it (This is the first thing I've ever bought online :eek: ), so now it's just a case of waiting.......

Once again, thanks to everyone.

8. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

Enjoy it. :cool: