1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b-grade

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dalex, 24 May 2006.

1. dalex

Hitman

what exactly does it mean in the shop, no description other than the original is on the page,what is generally wrong with them ,what about warranty etc
    dave

2. sja360

Mobster

b grade, items that have quite possibly been used, missing things such as a manual or perhaps the original box that it came in. the product itself will be working and i think they come with either a 14 day or 30 day warranty last time i checked.
    thats what i reckon b grade is ^^
    i think somewhere on ocuk's website it mentions about b grade and its terms and conditions when buying.

3. A2Z

Sgarrista

B-Grade - Used or repaired products, may be missing packaging cables or accessories. All items have a 14 day warranty from point of receipt

4. lordrobs

Capodecina

Personally I wouldn't touch B-grade stock with a barge pole. The discounts are never big enough to justify them imo.

5. Werewolf

Commissario

Not being a shop guy, but I can back up the comments about B Grade being
    • In working condition
    • 14 days warrantee (so should be fine)
    • May be missing non essential parts (drivers, cables etc)
    • May not be in original packaging (may be in plain boxes etc)
    • May be repaired/replaced by manufacturer or returns due to buyers changing their mind/finding they have an incompatibility with their hardware.

If memory serves, there is no hard and fast reason why something may be B Grade, but it should always work.
    I beleive some people have for example bought B grade items that have been replacements for stuff returned to the manufacturer by OCUK, and basically got brand new items in plain boxes - at the other extreme it might be a motherboard in a box on it's own (no cables/manuals/drivers).

6. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

I think sometimes it really depends. I used to never touch it for fear of it breaking down 30milliseconds after the warrenty's expired. But my old sound card was about £80 cheaper and it worked for about 3 years! I guess you need some luck as well :)

7. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

I got my first b-grade item last month. An A8N-SLI Premium. It was brand new still sealed in the antistatic bag. But it came without the accessories. But it only cost me £35. For a saving of £100 i can live without a backplate. Id already got loads of cables and an sli bridge

8. Jack Bauer

Wise Guy

Same for me with the A8N-E

9. dalex

Hitman

how do you know what is missing . can you put something in the description please
    dave

10. Drum

Associate

Just received the same just 5 mins ago Brand new in a plain box no cables, back plate, drivers or manual..

11. Werewolf

Commissario

I beleive it varies a lot.

Unfortunately I doubt the shop staff have time to write a description, apply a unique stock code and sort out each individual item in the b-grade section which is what would be required for that:(

12. "andy"

Capodecina

:rolleyes: :p

bought a b grade mobo, it was half price , had all accesories and only missing a backplate

bought a raptor hdd, almost half price too and is still running perfectly.

id definetly go b grade again

13. lordrobs

Capodecina

Its good that you have had good experiences, sounds like you got a bargain with the mobo. I think I've just been unlucky with OCUK orders in general :o

14. A2Z

Sgarrista

yea a little while ago there were good deals in b grade, when gibbo posted about it in GD...

since it all went though, its mainly been rubbish stuff on there...and the prices have rocketed from what they were at that time.... :(