B&Q age thing.

Soldato
Mic said:
Im guessing this 'look 21 campaign' is only in B&Q (english store, probably has the same policy in Ireland)

ASDA do it as well AFAIK.

My 24 year old GF got refused alcohol around last Xmas because she didnt look 21 and had no ID on here :rolleyes:

Soldato
VeNT said:
yeah cos no-one under 21 should be alowed to buy anything even if the law says they are old enough
I was in a bar last week and the blond behind the bar asked the guy being served if he was 21, he said no he's 20, heres his ID, she says that shes not alowed to serve him as you need to be 21 to drink?
I was like WTF? how? did I suddenly move to the USA?

There are a number of bars and pubs in my local region that have put their own age restrictions in place, usually either 21 or 25. The main reason they've done this is because of the number of underaged drinkers they've been getting, combined with a police crackdown on underage drinking in our area.
Its purely up to them to decide whether to serve someone or not, they aren't legally obliged to sell you alcohol, even if you are of a legal drinking age.

Soldato
Garp said:
There are a number of bars and pubs in my local region that have put their own age restrictions in place, usually either 21 or 25. The main reason they've done this is because of the number of underaged drinkers they've been getting, combined with a police crackdown on underage drinking in our area.
Its purely up to them to decide whether to serve someone or not, they aren't legally obliged to sell you alcohol, even if you are of a legal drinking age.
well, I can't comment on their 18-25 rules etc, but I'm sure that the OTHER bar staff where serving 18 year olds (it was that one on the beach at perranporth if you know it).

Soldato
Garp said:
Still it seems stupid that they refuse to make money off someone when they could. If someone has proper ID then there's only a tiny chance they're underage (and they probably wouldn't get in trouble if it was a forged passport or something) so why not serve them?

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
This look over 21 campaign doesnt really answer my question. She said i had to be over 21. Is this campaign just that you have to look over 21 to not get id. But if you show an id and you are over 18, then thats fine?

Soldato
Mic said:
This look over 21 campaign doesnt really answer my question. She said i had to be over 21. Is this campaign just that you have to look over 21 to not get id. But if you show an id and you are over 18, then thats fine?
Should be, but some people find that concept hard to grasp. And if you question it they usually say "store policy".

Soldato
Mic said:
You don't have to be over 21, just look it so as not to get ID'd. If anyone on a till/behind a bar says otherwise, escalate to a supervisor/manager.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
fatiain said:
You don't have to be over 21, just look it so as not to get ID'd. If anyone on a till/behind a bar says otherwise, escalate to a supervisor/manager.
Thanks, thats what i wanted to know.

Back
Top Bottom