B&Q age thing.

Soldato
I was in Asda last week, when buying some beers. When your usual middle-aged woman asked me for Id. Being 20 I said no probs there you go and handed over my driving licence. The woman on the till said that doesn’t look like you , you don’t have glasses on in the picture :rolleyes: i asked her if it would help if i take my glasses off. She said "no , the person in the picture looks older."

bear in mind this picture was taken when i was 15/16 and my hairdoo is almost identical.

She got over the manager woman , who eventually served me.

Soldato
D4VE said:
lol I love this whole - "if you dont look 21 then you must be under 18" thing.

It's not that at all - it's either:

1) We don't want to serve anyone under 21 because they're a pain.

or

2) We want to be cautious - if we think you're under 21 we'll always ask you for ID to check you're over 18.

Both seem quite reasonable to me.

Permabanned
PinkPig said:
2) We want to be cautious - if we think you're under 21 we'll always ask you for ID to check you're over 18.

Both seem quite reasonable to me.

Especially seein as shops/bars get heavyly fined if they are caught serving underage kids!

Permabanned
Sounds like the OP needs a chat with

frank.gif

Sic

Sic

Soldato
gib786 said:
haha ive looked over 20 ever since i turned 16, for some reason they ever ask you for id if you have a goatee

that's because anyone with a goatee must've been old enough to grow a beard in the 70s

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Some places down here are adopting "Think 25" policies.. that sucks.

Personally, I don't get that problem but, as stated, she needs to check or she could face a fine and/or lose her job :(

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
EVH said:
Some places down here are adopting "Think 25" policies.. that sucks.
What places? Just so I know where to keep an eye out in Swansea.

I've been IDed for a bottle of vodka in Tesco but it didn't really bother me, just showed my driving license and that was that. Figure it's not the person serving me's fault so no point arguing it or taking longer just to be awkward.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Some pubs and clubs are doing it, although I can't remember the name...

I just remember getting ID'd somewhere and I said "Think 21?" and they said "no think 25 for us" which I was shocked about!

Tesco and ASDA are still Think 21 though...

Will edit the names in when I remember!

Back
Top Bottom