B&Q age thing.

Soldato
Berger said:
Tescos was great.

"Are you 18?"

"Yes"

Puts my drinks through... excellent age-awareness and checks in place there!

best ones I like are when its a sub 18 serving and they ask the guy behind if its ok, the guy behind doesn't even LOOk and say "yeah sure"!
lol, so I could have been like 16 (and looked older) and he'd of served me.
or better still, I could have been from trading standards :D

Soldato
VeNT said:
best ones I like are when its a sub 18 serving and they ask the guy behind if its ok, the guy behind doesn't even LOOk and say "yeah sure"!
lol, so I could have been like 16 (and looked older) and he'd of served me.
or better still, I could have been from trading standards :D

When I stared I was 17 and was put on the first till by the freekin alcohol ilses with no one else on a till anywhere near me in the end I was told just use your own judgement! I'll tell that to trading standards then!!!

DiG

DiG

Associate
Mundu said:
When I stared I was 17 and was put on the first till by the freekin alcohol ilses with no one else on a till anywhere near me in the end I was told just use your own judgement! I'll tell that to trading standards then!!!

I work at Tescos and do the Saturday 3-10 shift, naturally quite busy, being under 18 I'm supposed to get someone else to do alcohol for me but there really isn't time quite often, I now only get someone else if the person looks under about 35, the adults that are like 40, 50, people who are so obviusly over age I just put though

Soldato
DiG said:
I work at Tescos and do the Saturday 3-10 shift, naturally quite busy, being under 18 I'm supposed to get someone else to do alcohol for me but there really isn't time quite often, I now only get someone else if the person looks under about 35, the adults that are like 40, 50, people who are so obviusly over age I just put though

I'm suprised you have time to call anyone. By the time you've switched on your light or used that other headset thing the customer usually says forget it. It's always quicker to run off and find someone yourself. :(

Even if you do let someone under 18 buy alcohol the security gaurd basically always catch them. As my mate has found out one to many times.

Associate
I got asked if i was 21 when buying some nitromors (need to be 21 :o)

me: yup
her: got any ID?
me: :( i'll get me coat.

So, i just went to the other b&q and got some there :D

Also, my mate got ID'd for buying spraypaint... and when i was in the queue, the guy infront of me got ID'd. they must be having a crack down on it...

oh, im 19, mate is 20

Soldato
It seems to be different areas that are more stricked.

I mean, in Barnsley me and my mates (18-19) never get ID'd at shops, pubs, anything. We go out every Weds and Sat and have regular trips to shops for booze and house parties. I'm suprised actually because I used to be quite conscious about how old I looked, but obviously it's not as bad as I thought as I never get asked.

I've been going round town since I was 15, and we used to only get ID'd at one or two places, and seriously I looked like 11. But round here if you get thru the door, then you won't get asked at the bar.

Back
Top Bottom