• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B450 with 64GB on ITX

Man of Honour
you'd need to check the specific mobo to see if it will support 32gb sticks. iirc not all boards do...

There are currently three motherboards on the market validated for this new double height memory:
  1. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Apex (Z390)
  2. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene (Z390)
  3. ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
These are all Z390 chipset motherboards, and thus applies to Intel's 8th Gen and 9th Gen processors. In this review we used an i7-8700K, and it didn't have any issues. We tested on some other motherboards from MSI and ASRock, however those systems did not post. It would appear that the memory has been developed in conjuction with concurrent validation with ASUS.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13694/double-height-ddr4-gskill-zadak-2x32gb-ddr4-3200

Associate
OP
I was looking at the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX which shows Samsung 32GB (M378A4G43MB1-CTD) in the memory QVL.

Since the memory controller is on the CPU, I was interested to know if there was any theoretical issues with other chipsets ?

Associate
OP
MongoDB

Its a database ... guess what I'm going to do with it :D

...and I'm very interested on the outcome of the test with the 32GB DIMM's - Much appreciated - thanks.

Also, a bonus question. Has anyone tried 4 DIMM's (128GB) on any X570 board ?

Soldato
MongoDB

Its a database ... guess what I'm going to do with it :D

...and I'm very interested on the outcome of the test with the 32GB DIMM's - Much appreciated - thanks.

Also, a bonus question. Has anyone tried 4 DIMM's (128GB) on any X570 board ?

You will have to check the board, but almost every AM4 board will support 64GB of memory. X570 added support for 128Gb.

Back
Top Bottom