1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby doing things timeline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laissez-faire, 3 Aug 2006.

1. laissez-faire

Mobster

I have been looking for a timeline of when I can expect my nephew to do various things. He is 10 months old and he can form words, he is very good with his hands but he can't crawl yet! Seems to be mentally strong but not very good at moving around!

2. Indy500

Capodecina

Give it a few more months.

3. shimy182

Mobster

im they all get drunk and passout by 2 am.

4. basmic

PermaBanned

With all due respect, but they're not plants. You can't say "right, on christmas eve the first word he says will be 'antidisestablishmentarianismist'."

5. Roberta

Mobster

My youngest never crawled at all. He did this funny shuffle on his bottom instead.

6. Indy500

Capodecina

Hehe awww how cute. When did he start walking?

7. Roberta

Mobster

About 10-11 months. Mine were all up and off.

8. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

From the sounds of it you're drunk and should try passing out instead of posting! :D

Anyway. Back on topic. Our little girl is going to be 7 weeks tomorrow. She's very good at holding her head up and looking around, and is getting a bit more control of her hands, but not much. She's really getting good at smiling which is really cute. Apparently in the coming weeks she's going to start laughing, which will be so cute I might just die.

9. Indy500

Capodecina

Cool :)

As for talking, apparently I needed speech therapy as a kid :confused:

10. Morba

Caporegime

dont look at expected timelines, you will only become obsessed by what yours is doing that others arent.
    as long as the baby is developing thats all that matters.

as for developing words, i highly doubt it at 10 months :p

11. Sp00n

Capodecina

My niece has just started crawling properly, shes 13 months old :)

12. Indy500

Capodecina

Yeah, every child is different.

13. Roberta

Mobster

My eldest did for a few months. He had glue ear.

14. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

ditto My son is the same, although he sometimes (quite often after a spell of holding his head up) rolls his head around like a drunk.

I cant wait for the laugh. Just the smile is the most special thing atm. Just love playing with him and making him smile. Or being there when he wakes up first thing in the morning, recognises me and then beams at me.

I suspect there will be quite a bit of laughter when he watches me descover that his nappy is full of poo. He already beams at that.

Has your little girl started to babble yet? Little K babbles quite a bit and it is always a pleasure to have a little conversation (me in cooy adult talk and him in babbles and facial expressions)

Edit to answer the original question, have you looked on the pampers website. They did a pre-birth timeline.

15. Morba

Caporegime

jake babbles all day long, when hes not pointing and shouting at something!

16. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

She's not much of a "talker" yet. She makes the odd cooing noise, but she seems to be much keener on waving her limbs about! They say kids tend to either focus on talking or walking, so I think we may have a walker on our hands if the early signs are anything to go by.

17. Arcade Fire

Banned

I think it's different for every kid. I started talking when I was 8 months, but didn't walk until almost a year. My sister was the other way around.

18. nelsby

Gangster

My 3 year old was walking and talking by 10 months :cool:

My 2 year old is 2 and a bit and still not talking brilliantly yet so its all kinda random I think.

They should definitely be wearing burberry, drinking cider and nicking cars by 16 I'm told or you need to get em down the docs :p

19. Simian

Sgarrista

I can't even say that and I'm nearly 33!... :confused:

Children develop different skills at different times!... Some learn to talk quite early, others still have trouble stringing two words together by the time their 3 (or even 15 judging by most teenagers!), Some can walk quite early whilst others have trouble sitting up straight!..

It'll all happen when it happens!. :)