Baby killers, what's the fastest you've done in your car?

Man of Honour
In excess of 160mph (on private roads of course). On the autobahns in germany I've sat at 140 during the wee hours of the morning which was quite surreal.

On bikes it's so easy to hit over 130 without even breaking a sweat - most cars (bar a handful) I've been in, need some work to get to impressive speeds (i.e. even "hot" BMWs and Audis).

couldnt agree more... most large bore bikes will get to terminal speed in no time at all. I know my bike will hit rev limiter in sixth from standstill in around 14-15secs

the above means you need less road and as a result its much less risk from the boys in blue... not that I'd know of course :)

just out of interest though I had a 6th gear roll on drag with my mates 98 blade today and there was nothing in it to around 100mph, so much for progress :(

Associate
what bike though, thats the question :)

K7 1000, 173.52bhp @ the wheel, weighing 145kg, TRE to remove the 186mph limiter.

Dyno.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That's so cool. Oh, to be a kid again. :D

Curious, how fast were you going that last segment when you pulled the wheel off the ground?

Sony cam seems to do a nice job, too. Not much wind noise either.

Launched... Unsure, I think I was in 2nd @ 70mph, lander around 130-140mph.

The cameras a GoPro HD recording in 720p @ 60fps, but can go up to 1080i. ;)

Associate
Racefit cans make sooooooo much noise... :D

Here's my map, bit down on you though and not so smooth in delivery

mapped.jpg

It all depends on the Dyno mate, If you tune a vehicle then make sure to stick to the same dyno! a rule a lot of people ignore. I've had mine on a dyno and it hit 150bhp, all depends on the drum friction and the DIn settings etc.

Back
Top Bottom