Baby killers, what's the fastest you've done in your car?

Soldato
If I ever decide to commit suicide, I think the most time and cost efficient way for me to do so would be to ride a superbike.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I forgot about that. A buddy of mine had a CBR1000 (this was about 5 years ago) he let me take for a quick spin. I'd never been on a bike like that before. Jumped on the service drive and wound out 2nd to 110 -- still 4 gears to go! :eek: That thing felt stable and sure the whole time, I wouldn't have even realised I was going that fast had I not looked.

I would have played some more, but I wasn't exactly dressed for the occassion. Shorts and t-shirt to be exact. :(

edit: now that I think about it, my old '85 Nighthawk 650 could do 70 in 2nd. Compared the the top end of 95 MPH on my '83 Kaw 550 LTD. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Hmm I miss my bike, missus made me get rid, was a tuned KTM 640 supermoto, not in the same league as a sportsbike but it was still very very quick and handled well with it.
Maybe one day get another.

Associate
How to convert OCUK to biking in 1 easy video lol

I have sworn I will never get on one since I will fall in love with it and end up in pieces down the road. I have lost too many friends on them.

I will say you always look in control in the few vids I watched, and can see how addictive that sort of speed can be... but not for me.

Soldato
No need to go stupid fast in a straight line.

I just go round corners quickly, one of the reasons I love the DC2. License losing speeds on the straights or pretty legal speeds around corners maxing out the limits of the car (on a private test track and to the conditions :))

Associate
i did manage to get up to about 220KM on the Motorway out of Calais last year in France which I think is about 135MPH. That was in my old 1 Series diesel with the foot all the way to the floor.

Associate
120ish down the back straight at Donnington Park (VTR 1000 SP2)

Indicated 157 (probably no where near that) on a 600 Hornet, can't remember where, was trying to keep up with my mate who buggered off on his GSX-R 1000

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I've done over 140mph indicated, so probably around 130mph is more realistic.

Although I was doing bang on 125 last week, and the bloody undertray/sump guard flew off :eek:
Thankfully the motorway was pretty quiet, but I dread to think what could have happened otherwise.
I went back and fetched the pieces and went straight to the dealer as they did some work the other week. I made it pretty clear that I wasn't prepared to fork out the £250 for the new bits of plastic. I'm going back today to see what he thinks..

Do I have a case? Bits of undertray shouldn't be flying off regardless of the speed, although I told him I was doing 90 :cool:

Associate
Do I have a case? Bits of undertray shouldn't be flying off regardless of the speed, although I told him I was doing 90 :cool:

They shouldn't do at that speed. However, I'd try and avoid telling him that you were doing almost double the motorway speed limit when that happened.

If your cars still under some sort of warranty then yes you have got a case.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The car's 8 years old, but I've done ~120 in it many times without any issues.
Like I said, it was in for some work the other week so I am almost certain it's related.

However, the screws that hold the undertray in place are very small, and they work their way loose over time. But the bits are only 2 years old as I bought them when I got the car.

Back
Top Bottom