Baby killers, what's the fastest you've done in your car?

Associate
170 according to the speedo at least in one of my old modded STI's that was running a taller UK gear setup but with much more pushing power than a UK scoob ;).

a touch over 170 according to the speedo in the XJR recently and it wanted to do more but the rather lax speed limiter seemed to be kicking in :(.

Bring the flames, been driving for years and when the conditions are perfect and there aren't other people around I have no problems giving it a 'squirt'. To each their own.

Soldato
140mph as a pillion on the back of my Dad's old Honda CBR1000, died of fuel starvation after not too long lol, cue us sitting at the side of the Autobahn for it to sort itself out.

115mph indicated as a driver
140mph as a passenger in a mates Stage 3 mapped TT - a lovely 290bhp :)

Caporegime
174 on my '05 636 ninja......only to be overtaken by an old model (94?) astra saloon with flames coming from it's exhaust. I was quite embarrased, it's the fastest speed i've been at and I got overtaken by a biscuit tin. :(

The joys of an old LET, a few hundred quid and a car from the scrappies.

Must have had some power to get to those speeds though!

Man of Honour
An indicated 110mph in an imported (with binnacle swapped from KPH to MPH) Merc E300TD to see how hard it would accelerate.

So probably only 90mph when all is said and done. No worse in my CMAX (indicated 98mph, but whose speedo differs wildly from the GPS).

Many years ago I got busted in Cyprus a month or so after my test for doing 100kph in a 50-zone. Fair cop, and haven't really gone crazy since.

Soldato
180mph in my old R34 Skyline plenty of times but only got piccys of 165mph. Gutted I had to sell it :(

165mph.jpg

Here's the car

r34banzai01small.jpg

***No babies were hurt in making of this post***

Associate
130mph for a while in germany, the roads were too busy to go faster safely.
145mph in France, empty ish road but the missus was in the car so didnt want to go much faster.

both indicated

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Everyone of my cars has been maxed

Clio Trophy managed around 145 mph
Racing puma i think around the 130 mph mark
VX220 Turbo didnt like going much above 150 and if im honest wasnt the best experiance :p
Scooby would do 160 mph

Soldato
164mph in the old impreza that was pretty much on the limiter in 6th. 7200rpm
I only slowed down because I thought it was going to melt down :o
even took a pic with the mobile whilst doing it.
And yes. Not big, not clever.

But fun :)

Soldato
174 on my '05 636 ninja......only to be overtaken by an old model (94?) astra saloon with flames coming from it's exhaust. I was quite embarrased, it's the fastest speed i've been at and I got overtaken by a biscuit tin. :(

Haha OWNED.

Love it :D

Back
Top Bottom