1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to the Future DVD Trilogy

Discussion in 'DHCH Archive' started by CrimsonAvenger, 12 Jan 2004.

1. CrimsonAvenger

Wise Guy

Does anyone know how to tell the fixed version from the un-fixed version in terms of the outside box ?

The version I could get is shrink wrapped but I don't know if its the fixed one or not.

Can anyone help out with this pls ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Juggler

Mobster

I'm not sure if these codes are printed on the packaging or not, but these are the codes for the two replacement DVDs (R2):

Sorry if those don't help - I've not read anything about changes in packaging :(

I was considering ordering the box online, but don't want to get lumbered with the early releases. BTTF 2 has had the original and one re-release whereas BTTF 3 has had the original and two re-releases! :o

I may see if I can pick them up via forums - then the seller will be able to confirm the versions. I can't see e-tailers being overly helpful with this kind of thing! Although, I may give play or cd-wow a try sometime soon :)

J

3. CrimsonAvenger

Wise Guy

Cheers dude.

Most helpful.

:D

4. Norky

PermaBanned

What does it mean 'fixed'?

I got my boxset when it came out but I haven't noticed anything odd about any of them :confused:

5. Juggler

Mobster

Without checking, these were the issues:

BTTF 2 (original) = incorrect framing
    BTTF 2 (replacement) = ok!

BTTF 3 (original) = incorrect framing
    BTTF 3 (replacement 1) = correct framing and poor colour
    BTTF 3 (replacement 2) = ok!

If you have a wander around on The DVD Forums, there is a huge thread detailing the issues and giving example screenshots :)

[edit]..here you go - it's this thread.

J

6. barkingboy

Hitman

Hey nice one Juggler :)

I bought this set just after Christmas in Virgin for £18.99 and by what you have said it contains the fixed versions of the 2nd & 3rd films.

I hadn't noticed any problems, but I was curious to know if I had the fixed discs.

Nice box set, but I was disappointed that there is no directors commentary for the films. Yes I know that there is the audio from some conference or other playing over the first film, but that doesn't count! :p

Cheers

7. DirtyMonkey

Wise Guy

Hmm bought this Trilogy Box Set for my GF last xmas (2002) just after they had come out.

She's in London at the moment so I cant inspect her discs(oo err), but if I find they are the earlier versions can i exchange them anywhere or am I stuck?

?

8. Juggler

Mobster

Mr Monkey, you would need to contact Universal directly if you wanted them changing :)

For the R2 release...

Universal Customer Service 08705 900 909

Also just found the following, although I would be inclined to phone them directly to clarify the returns/replacements situation before posting anything off! :)

9. CrimsonAvenger

Wise Guy

Juggler - thanks again dude, I managed to get a 'almost' sealed copy that was fixed thanks to you.

cheers

:D

10. Juggler

Mobster

Nice one [​IMG]

I've still not bought a set for myself yet - saw BTTF 1 on TV a while back and forgot how good it was, I'll have to pull my finger out soon and buy it :p