1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad day at the rollers

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Skywalker, 22 Jul 2006.

1. Skywalker

Wise Guy

Well just got back from the rolling road and all is not well by the look of things

186.9BHP - Should be pushing 215
    140Torque

Surely this is not right .

BHP there is a flat spot of about 400rpm before VTEC which kicks in at 5600rpm
    Torque there is a 10lb drop just before VTEC then shots back up to 140

Will scan the print out later but major annoyed at the results to be honest as they should be higher

2. Psycrow

Mobster

Glad I didn't buy it now ;)

On a more serious note, what have you changed from standard? Could the rollers just be out?

3. Skywalker

Wise Guy

Only an induction kit has been put on it

They could be out because an s2000 with a few grand spent on it only pulled 210bhp

4. Serj

Mobster

Probably the heat and the humidity.

5. djbenjo

Mobster

Aren't they 235 as standard?

What was your at wheels figure?

Do you have copy of the plot?

6. Dolph

Man of Honour

Apologies for an obvious question, but you're not looking at the 'at the wheels' figure are you?..

Have you ever had the car on rollers elsewhere for a comparison? Or even better before the induction kit (as some of them are known to be crap)

7. Psycrow

Mobster

Even a crummy induction kit sucking in hot engine air isn't going to lose you 30bhp. As said, is that definatly at the flywheel?

8. Matt82

Capodecina

heat maybe leading to knocking? mine knocks and its no swearing me off, need to get a cure. optimax helps but there is an issue

9. Psycrow

Mobster

Oh yeah, are you running 98ron fuel? If not, WHY NOT!

10. Matt82

Capodecina

i am on 98ron now, it helps a bit but doesnt cure it. i think it may be a knock sensor prob. maybe map sensor? who knows

11. Gibbo

Commissario

HI there

Which rolling was it?

12. Skywalker

Wise Guy

Sussex Performance Centre in Horsham

13. Psycrow

Mobster

I meant skywalker not you :p

djbenjo they are 212bhp as standard.

14. Gaijin

Don

I'll give a bit of background. Not crapping on your thread mate but I think it gives them a better perspective.It was a Honda Revs meet and EVERYONE was well down on expected figures.

Both S2000's achieved fly figures of around 213bhp (~240bhp stock and one had extensive Spoon modifications), A standard and well looked after VTI like mine (5DR 169bhp stock) achieved 158bhp. Mine achieved 174.6bhp (modified), and another mildly modified one achieved 162bhp.

Most cars were modified in one way or another but most failed to get even stock figures - EVEN stock cars. I think mine was one of the only to do so.

However, Skywalker's ATR was particularly low down for reasons unknown (should be pushing 210bhp stock)

I'll post my graph when I get in from work.

So is it a case of an under-reading dyno or a true down to the wire dyno?
    The operator was very defensive of the machine and said few vehicles achieve stock power figures on his machine and that the machine could not be manipulated to be generous like the Sun and other Dyno's. He was adamant that his rollers were very near correct.

I just wonder, is it that too many rollers are reading high these days to get client satisfaction? or is this dyno a problem case?

I believe it was a Dyno Dynamics (Australia) RR if that helps.

Last edited: 22 Jul 2006
  15. Hate

Soldato

was it a 2 or 4 wheel drive dyno ?

16. L0rdMike

Capodecina

If all the cars were consistantly down say 10bhp then you could say it was the rollers.

If one car does dire and the rest not then its the car no question.

17. Skywalker

Wise Guy

Im running optimax, short ram , platinuim plugs and thats is it . Having a look at another ATR dyno sheet it seems to have the same lines as mine but the tourque and bhp are lower down the graph but same patteren - The guy was saying to me that the car is runny pony and dropping petrol like a turbo and then I asked if he had ever done an ATR and his reply was "nope" so that shows a nice little bit of knowledge . The guy said my car should be running very slow compaired to the 6.1 it should be running but I was passing the VTI's nicely to be fair so there is no doubt that its running fine in my eyes

I just personally think the results where all down on what they should have been , A few other results for you

EK9 - 160bhp - should be 185bhp
    S2000 - 213bhp - should be 236bhp
    S2000 with goodies - 218bhp - should be pushing 250

18. Hate

Soldato

the short ram is probably bringin in hot air, but deffo not enough to kill that much horsepower - my bets on the dyno monkies

19. Skywalker

Wise Guy

Had an ambient of 32 in there so not the best of conditions but as you say definatly not enough to warrent a drop of 30 odd bhp for me

20. thebrasso

Soldato

Based on a few cars being down, I'd say its more likely to be the rollers.