• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bad News if you ordered the Rog Strix 3080 OC

Associate
Hey guys

Just a heads up for anyone thats ordered the Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC cards

After waiting patiently in the call queue I finally got through to someone to ask about an queue update and was told that all queue information will be sent via email when they have received specific cards with your updated queue position

I said that I was over 650 in the queue for my card and what exactly was the position in Overclockers sending these cards out

Currently, OverClockers have received ZERO STOCK of these and are not expecting any until the end of October/Beginning of November at the earliest

He pointed out (he was honest at every point with every question) That this was due to nVidia and that the high end cards spent longer being stress tested and were subsequently delayed longer than the other cards

He said I should realistically get my order at "Some Point" in the New Year, so I will I think have been waiting for 4 months after paying before I receive my order, minimum :(

Good luck to us all :)

Associate
OP

Does it actually say in that thread ANYWHERE that Overclockers have received ZERO stock and will not be getting any until the end of October/beginning of November? I missed it if it does and to be honest, the wait I can deal with I just expect honesty. If you as a company KNOW you are not going to be receiving an item, tell people, then they have the information and can make an informed decision based on the information. I think customers per say would rather honesty than "Ifs and Buts"

Soldato
Get a refund mate, by the time these cards are in proper stock you can buy it at a lower price than the pre order price.
Simply zero reason to pay 4 months in advance for a product

Man of Honour
End of Oct/start of Nov seems to come up a lot - one of my first ports of call right from the start was like nope 29th Oct before we get any allocation.

Soldato
Other retailers got the cards, so maybe they are not best mates with asus after all. Feel mislead massively by ocuk on this and will never buy from them again tbh.

In regards to those links above, gibbo should be updating the stock/delivery info thread with this not rely on forum members

Last edited:
Associate
Considering I'm waiting on the Ryzen 9 5900X to release as well on November 5th this won't directly affect me but this decision was made by the top, so I'll blame Nvidia & AMD for releasing their GPU's so late :D

Associate
Well it’s simple really they knew if they told us they the best we all gonna buy from them that’s why I did and most of us too I thought they seem like there a gaming company and they made out they all the goodies first which now we all know is a load stinky dog **** and now we wasted so much time it’s to late to go anywhere else as we won’t see anything from there either so really oc just get the scraps off the table

Permabanned
Well it’s simple really they knew if they told us they the best we all gonna buy from them that’s why I did and most of us too I thought they seem like there a gaming company and they made out they all the goodies first which now we all know is a load stinky dog **** and now we wasted so much time it’s to late to go anywhere else as we won’t see anything from there either so really oc just get the scraps off the table

It happens every year i think i said you would not see any to late Sept or Early October and Xmas or January for popular models. I said this back around April when people were saying 3080 would launch in the summer. 20yrs of this you learn after watching the same crap over and over. This is why i did not even bother with the Easyrider shuffle its not worth the gamble or hassle but no one listens.

Soldato
It happens every year i think i said you would not see any to late Sept or Early October and Xmas or January for popular models. I said this back around April when people were saying 3080 would launch in the summer. 20yrs of this you learn after watching the same crap over and over. This is why i did not even bother with the Easyrider shuffle its not worth the gamble or hassle but no one listens.

Yeah. I'm 600~ in the Strix OC queue, so I've had my mind set on it arriving 2021 Q1. I'll have a decent backlog of games to play on it!

Soldato
I had no delays when I purchased my 2080 Ti at launch.
I had no delays when I purchased my (Maxwell) Titan at launch and though the fan failed on day 2 a replacement arrived swiftly.
I had no delays when I purchased my 780 Ti at launch.

Nvidia have cocked up massively.

Soldato
I had no delays when I purchased my 2080 Ti at launch.
I had no delays when I purchased my (Maxwell) Titan at launch and though the fan failed on day 2 a replacement arrived swiftly.
I had no delays when I purchased my 780 Ti at launch.

Nvidia have cocked up massively.

No you don't understand, it's not their fault, there is no supply problem, there's just too much demand! :p

Associate
ASUS reckon they have been sending variants of all their cards to distributors and competitors have been sending out STRIX cards. I won't mention shops by name for obvious reasons.

So again, there's a chance OC have been getting them, but they sure as **** aint sending them to pre-order customers.

Soldato
Other retailers got the cards, so maybe they are not best mates with asus after all. Feel mislead massively by ocuk on this and will never buy from them again tbh.

In regards to those links above, gibbo should be updating the stock/delivery info thread with this not rely on forum members

One big UK retailer has managed a handy page dedicated to 3080 and 3090 stock. You can see how many orders per model - very useful. Here, too busy counting all the £M's in the pre-order account.

Soldato
Yeah I saw, good effort from them.

I understand that this launch on the whole is a mess but one retailer has only exacerbated the situation by misleading buyers. I imagine a lot of people are stuck in this stupid situation, ordered at launch, trusted who they were buying from and now it's too late to swap.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Yeah I saw, good effort from them.

I understand that this launch on the whole is a mess but one retailer has only exacerbated the situation by misleading buyers. I imagine a lot of people are stuck in this stupid situation, ordered at launch, trusted who they were buying from and now it's too late to swap.

Just seen that it exactly what you wanna see you know where you are with it, I to ordered a strix a 3090 non oc and I'm 22nd in que but how long will that be :(

Associate
OP
Im probably going to cancel mine now, 650 odd in the queue with no realistic chance of getting it before Christmas now, so I may as well wait and reorder once its actually in stock and the price will probably be cheaper.... hell I might even be able to get the 3080TI by then lol

Back
Top Bottom