**Baddass' Ultimate TFT FAQ and Reviews! (20" and Above Models)**

Soldato
Tigjaw said:
See if you can find the HP2207 in a store somewhere, there's nothing better for deciding on a monitor than seeing it in action.

Btw, sorry I don't have BF2142, I'll try to get a good in-motion shot somewhere, it may be easier now it's a bit darker because I wont have the bright window behind my monitor.

I have seen it in a store, but it was daisy-chained with numerous monitors using VGA and a lower-than-native resolution. What's your other monitor which uses the same panel as the w2207?

Associate
Mansize_tissue said:
What's your other monitor which uses the same panel as the w2207?

It's a non-branded TFT that came with my old computer, it had a very good response time, as do most TN-Films but everything else was very poor, the contrast ratio most prominently. Not to mention it only came with one port, analogue.

Not all TN-Films are as bad as that, the Samsungs that boast quite a few threads in these forums are pretty good but after owning a TN-Film and reading/experiencing the differences in the panels I wont be going back to TNFilm anytime soon.

Associate
Someone *coughs* (Badass) lol. Please shoot me in the head on this one!... I've been waiting for this 24" 245B Samsung monitor for quite a while now. I was gonna wait for it to come out to get comparisons with the Dell 2407 A04 before i coughed up the coin. I really want a monitor thats a decent gaming monitor but i also need colours/contrast to be correct for pretty serious photo manip etc. I don't mind spending time to get a display eye calibrated, its only to be expected really. I'm just not sure if i'm wasting my time waiting for the Samsung? In your opinion should i wait, or should i go for the Dell 2407 A04 now?

*Scratch this. Got the Dell :D*

Last edited:
Soldato
If your doing 'pretty serious' photo manipulation, then you shouldnt really be using a TFT at all.
They are getting close, but a CRT is still the best for extremely accurate colour reproduction.
:).

Associate
Got the Dell today, totally lovely monitor. Lovely crisp contrast/colour even at the factory settings. Only problem i have with it is that it has 2 red pixels so it'll have to be replaced :(

Wonderful monitor though, i think i made the right decision and at £399 inc vat & delivery it was a steal

Soldato
XysteR said:
Got the Dell today, totally lovely monitor. Lovely crisp contrast/colour even at the factory settings. Only problem i have with it is that it has 2 red pixels so it'll have to be replaced :(

Wonderful monitor though, i think i made the right decision and at £399 inc vat & delivery it was a steal
Is it A04, and how did you get it so cheap?
I thought my two were cheap at £550 each. :p

MPK

MPK

Associate
I just saw that Dell has released the 2407WFP-HC with 92% of the NTSC colour gamut (as opposed to current 72%). Dell Singapore is already selling them on the web for £293. I think that looks like worth the wait...

Associate
In all honesty, i can't see it being a massive amount better than the 2407. I'm happy with it. Even for average image editing its good, its great for gaming too. I just run my 22" CTR for serious image stuff. Lord Of the Rings Online looks simply beautiful on a 2407 when paired up with a 8800 GTX

Back
Top Bottom