1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bah, she canna do it capn, new clock with problems.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by locutus12, 19 May 2006.

1. locutus12

PermaBanned

i recently upgraded to a set of corsair XMS 3200 and am having nothing but trouble seemingly with my graphics card ???

occasionally if i open a video from a weblink, cut and paste an image, or if im playing bf2, the screen just locks, goes black, then recovers after about 30 seconds, sometimes just to be greeted by a BSOD.

please understand the graphicscards fine, its only when i changed the memory am i now having issues,

anyway, heres my settings, my superpi results nice but useless if its not stable...

[​IMG]

my memory timings may look a little odd but thats because ive been trying all sorts of combinations, i dont even know what voltage they are supposed to be at but the max i can give is 2.9V

2. IzaLearnin

Gangster

How is it with a lower divider (closer to 200mhz) and 3-3-3-8-11 timings?

3. locutus12

PermaBanned

its already on a lower divider :( . rams at 166, fsb is at 268.

4. Defcon5

Soldato

5. locutus12

PermaBanned

6. locutus12

PermaBanned

any other suggestions ???

7. IzaLearnin

Gangster

Just wondered if you had tried dropping to the 133 divider using tighter timings to gain stability at this point so you could then begin to push up the fsb once again.

8. locutus12

PermaBanned

well at the moment ive dropped to 2T and am running at cas2.5 3,3,7 im wondering if the reason why its not stable at 1T is simply because i have a budget motherboard ... :( also at the limits of what my cpu cooler can handle so im getting a thermaltake SE water cooling kit. wish me luck.

9. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

gonna need a lot more system details than that screenshot above to solve this problem.

all i can tell is that you have an opteron 146cpu.

10. Mr Mister

PermaBanned

you could try knocking everything back to stock and seeing if you still get the problem.

11. locutus12

PermaBanned

see post 8, thats what i am currently doing :)

For anyone who wants my system specs, heres more information than you could ever possibly need...

CLICK ME